OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever go around Charlotte there is a lfs there called Nemos Reef that I absolutely love. I will drive from WV just to go to that store. Plus they list their current fish stock list online with prices so you can see what they have before going. They also have a list of corals online, but they way more corals than listed online.

How big is your tank? If it's a small tank that you could easily take all of the fish out of for treatment in the future then just hoping for the best probably isn't a big deal. If your tank is big and will eventually have a lot of fish then it is worth it to deal with the ich now and properly remove it to avoid problems in the future. With only two clownfish you could setup a quarantine tank for very cheap. I just started treating some of my fish with copper in qt for the first time and it seems like it's going to be easy to do. From now on all fish I buy will be going through a copper treatment before going into my tank (except for fish that don't handle copper well).
Nemos reef is awesome so is c-macs

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the thing, unless you qt corals and inverts, or are rlly diligent on removing every nonliving tissue or material on the frag, colony, etc and brushing down any shells, ich is bound to get into your tank whether you realize it or not. Most people don't have the resources to setup and maintain two qt's and maintain reef level params in one of them. It get's very expensive in an already pricey hobby. I think your best bet is to treat your fish this once with copper power or something similar at the therapeutic level for 30 days in a seperate tank in order to have a clean slate. Depending on your tank size, employ live rock, phyto, pods, bacteria, and extra nutrients and vitamins in your fish food. Adding a UV would also significantly help. This helps add biodiversity to your system, and with the addition of the UV, ich is almost negligible. I would still qt any fish and be diligent about brushing and removing dead tissue and frag plugs in order to prevent some of the nastier diseases like velvet, brook, uronema, etc.
What about this stuff https://www.polyplab.com/products/m...u3Lfd4-s2MnpQjWTxYcijV9NA-xWAwoRoCYYkQAvD_BwE

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
2-3 dots, reduced to one does not signify ich and can simply be specs of sand

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never tried it but used to have a fish only that got ick more than once and nothing but copper has ever worked for me. Usually once you see the ick, the fish is a goner within the week in my experience without copper.

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You COULD use it, but I would caution against it, because if it was really very effective, im sure more people would be using that instead of trying to achieve a biodiverse system and copper. To me, it sounds like snake oil. Until there is more empirical evidence, I would go the normal route in ich management. Honestly, as long as your fish are in good health and have plenty of nutrition, plus the other things i said, ich isn't going to be a problem.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back