Ick maybe?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish with Ick can be treated three ways, TTM, Hypo, or Copper.
TTM is out as you have a tank. Hypo works on ick only, but many feel it’s less stress on delicates like tangs.
Copper is very effective, too little won’t work, too much kills the parasite and fish.
Manufacture instructs should be followed closely.
If going Hypo, 1.009 is the number to maintain.
Keep in mind, fish ok with quick decreases, but when you increase salinity, no more than .002 per day.

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish with Ick can be treated three ways, TTM, Hypo, or Copper.
TTM is out as you have a tank. Hypo works on ick only, but many feel it’s less stress on delicates like tangs.
Copper is very effective, too little won’t work, too much kills the parasite and fish.
Manufacture instructs should be followed closely.
If going Hypo, 1.009 is the number to maintain.
Keep in mind, fish ok with quick decreases, but when you increase salinity, no more than .002 per day.
I'm gonna do copper I think it will be the easiest method for me to control and be effective, little nervous about this tho lol first run at treating saltwater. I've never even had to net one of these fish yet lol this should be fun

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic not the greatest this sailfin doesn't like getting his picture took lol

Attachments

• 20210505_125715.jpg
    20210505_125715.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated pic not the greatest this sailfin doesn't like getting his picture took lol
I can see spots on the caudal fin, can you see similar spots on the fish’s body? I can’t tell from the photo.
Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see spots on the caudal fin, can you see similar spots on the fish’s body? I can’t tell from the photo.
Jay
Yes only at certain angles you can see em in the sides of just the sailfin, the cpl others only have it on the fins the 1 chromi and the basslet. 0 changes hasn't got worse or better

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better shots of it on the side

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-185138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-185138_Gallery.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210505-185319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-185319_Gallery.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 24

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep - that's ich, you said you were going to run copper, let me know if you need any advice on that....

Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep - that's ich, you said you were going to run copper, let me know if you need any advice on that....

Jay
I haven't setup the QT yet doing it tomorrow tho for sure, what's the safest copper treatment I can use, setting up the QT and putting fish in 1 day later is that a wise decision? Or should I wait it out lol don't wana risk losing any of these expensive fish lol

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t start the copper treatment right away, you’ll lose the fish. It takes up to 3 days for copper to work, meanwhile the fish will get sicker, so it is a real race against time.
You’ll need coppersafe and a good test kit. Setting up a quarantine tank on the fly like this is tricky, you’ll need to use bacteria In a bottle like dr Tim’s. You need to keep the ammonia level under control in a new tank like that, so you’ll need a test for that as well. I won’t sugar coat it - this is going to be tough to do!
Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t start the copper treatment right away, you’ll lose the fish. It takes up to 3 days for copper to work, meanwhile the fish will get sicker, so it is a real race against time.
You’ll need coppersafe and a good test kit. Setting up a quarantine tank on the fly like this is tricky, you’ll need to use bacteria In a bottle like dr Tim’s. You need to keep the ammonia level under control in a new tank like that, so you’ll need a test for that as well. I won’t sugar coat it - this is going to be tough to do!
Jay
I'll get everything and set it up asap tomorrow, how do I control the ammonia just water change everytime it's high and re add the bacteria each time? What a nightmare lol Thanks for all the help

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to have enough Dr. Tim's on hand, and if it doesn't control the ammonia, you'll need to do water changes (and then redose copper for the amount of water you are changing).
Do you have ANYTHING in your tank that isn't made from calcium, that could have beneficial bacteria on it? A filter pad, a non-calcareous rock, anything? You can move that over to transfer some bacteria to the QT.

Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to have enough Dr. Tim's on hand, and if it doesn't control the ammonia, you'll need to do water changes (and then redose copper for the amount of water you are changing).
Do you have ANYTHING in your tank that isn't made from calcium, that could have beneficial bacteria on it? A filter pad, a non-calcareous rock, anything? You can move that over to transfer some bacteria to the

Do you have ANYTHING in your tank that isn't made from calcium, that could have beneficial bacteria on it? A filter pad, a non-calcareous rock, anything? You can move that over to transfer some bacteria to the QT.

Jay
I could pull the filter pad from the canister the carbon is due for swapping anyway its been about 3 weeks since I've changed it. Otherwise nothing lol, do I need to worry about my bubbletip getting ich?

Attachments

• 20210505_130042.jpg
    20210505_130042.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 23

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you might consider using the filter media as a bacteria source, just as long as it isn’t coated with uneaten food or something.
No worries for your anemone getting ich, but you need to research fallow times here, ich can remain viable in tanks without fish for from 45 to 76 days, so returning fish too soon can reinfect them.
Jay

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you might consider using the filter media as a bacteria source, just as long as it isn’t coated with uneaten food or something.
No worries for your anemone getting ich, but you need to research fallow times here, ich can remain viable in tanks without fish for from 45 to 76 days, so returning fish too soon can reinfect them.
Jay
Thank God my anemone is safe lol that's my baby right there lol, My plan if it works like I want lol is to setup this 120 gallon drilled which I don't have yet lol still gotta buy it, let it cycle until all fish are healthy cured and ready for the DT and put them directly into it and leave the 75 gallon fishless until its 100 and then restock that with new fish. If all goes well that is.

OP
OP
RicksBattery

RicksBattery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God my anemone is safe lol that's my baby right there lol, My plan if it works like I want lol is to setup this 120 gallon drilled which I don't have yet lol still gotta buy it, let it cycle until all fish are healthy cured and ready for the DT and put them directly into it and leave the 75 gallon fishless until its 100 and then restock that with new fish. If all goes well that is.
So far so good, all except the rasse he disappeared as soon as I started with the net, what a job this was catching these fish with my rockwork setup I had to tear the whole thing apart it's a disaster now looks like a hurricane went through it lol that's tomorrow's mission.

Attachments

• 20210507_204307.jpg
    20210507_204307.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 14
Back