ICP-Analysis (a warning)

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I just wanted to share my unpleasant experience in dealing with ICP-Analysis, as it may save others a lot of frustration...

11/10/20 - I sent out my ICP test samples (2 tanks) from AZ to CO, so it should've taken a few days to arrive

11/19- I shot them an email asking if they had received the samples

11/20- They emailed me saying "we haven’t been able to export data onto our website. Reason being is our web developers are preforming a data migration of the old data from our current website to our new website that is being released next week." I replied back asking if they could just send me the data as I don't need it to be viewed on the website, just want the actual data to review. That day they sent my an Excel spreadsheet with the data, however it had two different sample numbers which did not correlate with any of the barcodes etc. that were used. So, I had data for 2 aquariums, yet no way to decipher which set of data was for which tank. I emailed them shortly after asking if they could tell me which test number was for which aquarium registered.

11/27- After two emails sent, they replied back saying "as of right now the new website is having issues with it being connected with the database and will not have any answer from the web developer until monday. As of right now our hands are tied behind our back until the developers fix the problems. But as soon as I get answers i will let you know." They did not answer my question about telling me which sample number was which aquarium, so I asked again. No response.

12/1 - I have sent another email as I have not heard back from them regarding the data and deciphering which aquarium is which test... I have sent them another email asking, no response thus far. It has been 15 days since they claim to have tested the sample, yet no actually usable data (I have two sets of results, yet no way whatsoever to use the data as I don't know which test is which). This was a huge waste of money and time, as I was using this service to figure out an issue that I was having in one aquarium.

In comparison, I sent a Triton sample out and received the full data after 3 days from sending the sample... The price is comparable, the customer service and appreciation from ICP-Analysis is clearly beyond lacking. I would avoid them. I hope this prevents someone from having a similar issue.

Biglex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in same boat. Sent my test in 3-4 weeks ago and same thing saying about new update

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in same boat. Sent my test in 3-4 weeks ago and same thing saying about new update
Gosh, I'm sorry... It's VERY frustrating. I wanted to put this warning out so people could avoid having this issue. It seems as though I am not alone, unfortunately.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, I'm sorry... It's VERY frustrating. I wanted to put this warning out so people could avoid having this issue. It seems as though I am not alone, unfortunately.
Where did you order your Triton kit from? I was struggling to buy ATI. Shocking you got numbers in 3 days from Triton, so I will order from them ASAP.

My last (October 17?) ICP-ANALYSIS sample took > 2 weeks so I am kinda done there too.

burton14e7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I just bought one on Amazon not knowing this. They should have a warning up stating when they expect an outage. Their website currently only states 11/24 without any indication that they're currently still down.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order your Triton kit from? I was struggling to buy ATI. Shocking you got numbers in 3 days from Triton, so I will order from them ASAP.

My last (October 17?) ICP-ANALYSIS sample took > 2 weeks so I am kinda done there too.
I just bought it on Amazon. I’m in AZ and they’re in Cali so I’m sure that’s part of the quickness... either way, light years ahead of ICP-analysis

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow thanks for sharing. I was litterally at my LFS earlier today looking to pick a test up but forgot they were closed today. Maybe it was meant to be lol. I ordered an ATI icp test from marine depot and just sent it out today, hopefully a much better experience with them.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Website is STILL A PROBLEM..
I'm trying to sign up to no avail. Called & spoke to a person who said they would get back to e after speaking with a developer. 2 days later another phone call & no replies yet. I'll give it another 2 days & then call Coralvue since they are in this mix as a supplier.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for sharing. I was litterally at my LFS earlier today looking to pick a test up but forgot they were closed today. Maybe it was meant to be lol. I ordered an ATI icp test from marine depot and just sent it out today, hopefully a much better experience with them.
Unlikely it will be worse! Lol

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I just bought one on Amazon not knowing this. They should have a warning up stating when they expect an outage. Their website currently only states 11/24 without any indication that they're currently still down.
You’d think that when you entered the barcode and said you were sending the sample, they would send out an email saying there is a delay. That would’ve been SOMETHING... Looks like im not the only one with this issue...

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here. Have melting corals and they were the only rest my LFS had so I rushed to get it. Should ha e just waited the couple of days and went with ATI.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy to see the number of customers that are being poorly treated racking up...

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, as an update, they still have not got back to me since my multiple responses to the 11/27 email.

Seems like they really value their customers and providing them with quality service ;)

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW...glad not glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing the same issue. I mailed in my CoralVue ICP test in 11/4 and have not gotten my test results either. After multiple phone calls, emails and few PM's on messenger I'm still waiting to be contacted back from icp-analysis. I understand they might be having a problem with up dating there website but to leave people in the dark and completely alienate there customers with lack of communication is not a way to run a business. I've already contact BRS and they sent me a refund even though its not there fault. Love BRS customer service!

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar situation happened to me took 3-4 weeks for results to appear after that I stopped using them and use fauna marin, it’s cheaper and you do pay for shipping but you control how fast you want it to get there and track it.
Every 6mo I’ll splurge on ati/triton

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW...glad not glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing the same issue. I mailed in my CoralVue ICP test in 11/4 and have not gotten my test results either. After multiple phone calls, emails and few PM's on messenger I'm still waiting to be contacted back from icp-analysis. I understand they might be having a problem with up dating there website but to leave people in the dark and completely alienate there customers with lack of communication is not a way to run a business. I've already contact BRS and they sent me a refund even though its not there fault. Love BRS customer service!
Amazing... Sorry to hear we have had similar experiences.

Hey, at least you can know it was nothing personal, right? LOL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back