icp-analysis.com (Coralvue) experiences/reviews

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried testing with the icp-analysis.com outfit? I ordered their test directly from them online, although it looks like Coralvue is a reseller of their service (via BRS, etc.) as well. In any case, I ordered their kit which contains a test for your tank and a test for your RODI. They had a sale going for two kits for $55 which I thought was a great deal. The kits came and I sent off my first samples, but never heard anything back. I checked online and my tests are registered in their system, but listed as awaiting results. I contacted customer service online and someone responded asking for the sample tracking numbers. I provided those, but no response. I called and spoke to someone who told me the guy from the lab would call me back. Still waiting. It's been over two weeks since I sent in the test and they claim results come in 4-6 days.
Anyone else have experience with this outfit? I figured I'd get some reviews here before I dialed up my annoyance level with them. Thanks!

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent in a test 6-7 by priority mail as I was have some big issues with my tank. They received them on Friday.. Still no results. Pretty disappointing having to wait so long. Kind of defeats the purpose.. I already have a couple more tests, but doubt I will purchase any more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BostonReefer300

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent in a test 4-7 by priority mail S I was have some big issues with my tank. They received them on Friday.. Still no results. Pretty disappointing having to wait so long. Kind of defeats the purpose.. I already have a couple more tests, but doubt I will purchase any more.
Thanks for your response. You sent them on April 7 and they didn't get the samples until June 11? Was that a typo? In any event, them getting the test on Friday, plus a 4-6 day advertised turnaround (assuming they mean business days) means you shouldn't expect results until late this week or early next. Oddly enough, my test results got posted just a few hours ago. I hope that's a coincidence and not because of my post. In any case, I hope your tank issues get resolved!

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent samples in 3 weeks ago. Clearly marked display tank and RO/DI samples. Got my results 3 days after they received them. According to their results my 0 TDS RO/DI water had a salinity that was higher than my display tank along with amounts of everything they test for, again many of the results being higher than my DT results. Clearly I have zero confidence in any of the results. I emailed them explaining that these results are not possible but never heard anything back. Totally unimpressed and will never use them again!!

capted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used them twice so far with no issues. 1st test took about a week and the 2nd about 5 days. Ro tested the same on both tests and after raising my calc it showed it on the 2nd test so I'm guessing it was accurate. I did have a problem where one test didn't show up on my dashboard for some reason. I emailed them with the test # that was created when I created it and they responded in an hour and fixed the issue.

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them for about 2yrs and been happy overall with the 8 or so I've sent off. They seem to have made a few improvements to their site/app as well.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info. I sent mine off last week and they received them on 6/19. Still awaiting results (which is obviously within their window). I know late last year they were switching systems or databases, and there were huge backups. I actually bought my kit last year, but didn't use it because of the big backups (and I didn't have an urgent need for it).

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no results on my samples sent in 6/7/21. Seems pretty useless at this point. Sadly I already have several more tests paid for.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no results on my samples sent in 6/7/21. Seems pretty useless at this point. Sadly I already have several more tests paid for.
I didn't check yesterday, but my results are there today. Mailed 6/16. Since you're outside their reported window, have you contacted them?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd call again...if they received package but never got results posted, they might send you replacement. If they didn't get package or couldn't match it up to your account - then not sure what they might offer. I'm sure they have issues with reading tracking numbers occasionally. I wouldn't condemn based on one error especially since you've paid.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my results back. Sent off June 10th and got back earlier this week. Took a couple weeks from time I sent off. I ordered from amazon. Cheaper.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right at this point I don't have an extra 25mins to waste calling them. I have been working my tail off 22 hours a day recently. If I had the time I would spend it measuring my parameters myself. I have not condemned any. Just stated facts and my disappointment and feelings.

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. I never used them before but thought I'd give it a try instead of Triton. Its been 10 days since I sent it USPS First Class and nothing so far. So I called them this morning and they said they have not received it yet? Blaming it on the holidays and that it can take up to 3 weeks for mail to get delivered to them. Really? It says they are in Colorado. Can't take 2-3 weeks to get mail to them. I think they are BSing and just are backlogged. Just be honest!

I bought 2 so I have one more. If this happens again i will just go back to Triton. Usually get the results posted in a week

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. I never used them before but thought I'd give it a try instead of Triton. Its been 10 days since I sent it USPS First Class and nothing so far. So I called them this morning and they said they have not received it yet? Blaming it on the holidays and that it can take up to 3 weeks for mail to get delivered to them. Really? It says they are in Colorado. Can't take 2-3 weeks to get mail to them. I think they are BSing and just are backlogged. Just be honest!

I bought 2 so I have one more. If this happens again i will just go back to Triton. Usually get the results posted in a week
Honestly, yes, it could have been lost or slowed down in USPS. Do you have the tracking number to check yourself? If you resort to sending another one, take down the tracking number (do they have them? I don't remember if they are trackable). But, I would definitely not assume it's an issue on their end when USPS is pretty unreliable too.

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, yes, it could have been lost or slowed down in USPS. Do you have the tracking number to check yourself? If you resort to sending another one, take down the tracking number (do they have them? I don't remember if they are trackable). But, I would definitely not assume it's an issue on their end when USPS is pretty unreliable too.
Agreed. Federal Govt can't do many things well, including delivering mail LOL. Thats why I will try it again if this gets lost. Comes with free First class return label so I used it. Can't track that type of mail. But maybe next time I will send it Fedex ground. I'd like to give the business to a USA company if possible, but Triton has been reliable and consistent so we'll see.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back