ICP-OES Triton or coralvue ICP

• Total voters

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which icp would you use and why? I am looking for an icp test and the coralvue is cheaper than the triton but is there a difference?

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both use the same testing methods so I’d assume that both would get the same result so I’d go with the cheaper one. If money is not an isue I’d go with the one that tests and send results quicker.

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both use the same testing methods so I’d assume that both would get the same result so I’d go with the cheaper one. If money is not an isue I’d go with the one that tests and send results quicker.
Thanks for the response. I will be going for the coralvue as its cheaper and says will come back faster. Do you know if I have to pay postage?

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used a mail icp test before but I’m guessing they will sell a all things included package.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard that the methods Triton uses are much more refined and "reliable". I just got my first test and chose Triton. It took 8 days from the time I shipped it to get my result. I was told it would be 2 weeks+ so I was pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard that the methods Triton uses are much more refined and "reliable". I just got my first test and chose Triton. It took 8 days from the time I shipped it to get my result. I was told it would be 2 weeks+ so I was pleasantly surprised.
How did you get your results? Where they easy to read and get into?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get your results? Where they easy to read and get into?

They send email updates throughout the process. I knew when it arrived at the US based distributor, when it arrived in Germany with an estimated completion time, and when the results were ready to be viewed. Super easy to log into and read the results.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and fyi, you do have to pay for shipping to California but the box weighs so little 2-3 stamps will cover it. They cover the shipping to Germany.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is probably methodological differences between the different brands – this means that it is rather worthless to send in to two different labs and compare. IMO – these tests should not be seen as the absolute truth but instead a tool to discover trends. IMO – it is important to use it periodically – even when it is no issues – and stay put to one brand. I have used TRITON since I start to test (for 3 years ago) and see no reasons to change. I have a rather good reference material to my aquarium health and if I changes now – most of the results I have sent in can´t – with respect to be reference material – be used. My advice is – chose brand and stay put and have in mind – there is often (but not always) a link between price and quality. I haven not used any other brands of ICP test – I can´t judge which is best – but I´m satisfied with the pros and cons with TRITON

Sincerely Lasse

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.. trying to decide and cant choose which one to purchase.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why the bump but I did Triton, the wait was not horrible..
The bump was for a reply from yourself or another person without me creating the same exact post. Sorry to bother ya buddy

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bump was for a reply from yourself or another person without me creating the same exact post. Sorry to bother ya buddy

Sorry. Wasn't a bother , just was perplexed. Usually I see a +1. Soon(tm) I hear Triton will have a US facility so it could cut the time in half. I have been tempted to send off to both and see what they both come back with.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which icp would you use and why? I am looking for an icp test and the coralvue is cheaper than the triton but is there a difference?

Considering CoralVue lost 2 of my 3 samples, despite shipping UPS to their address (so I know its there), I would handily recommend Triton every day.

skywelker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently debated these and I ended up doing ATI. It came with a prepaid label and they also test your RODI water for free. The price was in the middle of the 2 that you are considering. My first thought was to go with the CoralVue but they are just a distributor and the company that does the testing has posted some concerning comments on here.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree on ATI. I started out with Triton, but they lost my second sample in the middle of an emerging problem with my tank. ATI comes with the prepaid label, and in addition, they test several other parameters that Triton doesn't (nitrates being the big one). Overall time is about the same. So it's a little less expensive, less hassle to send off, and equivalent service to Triton.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back