ICP results

awyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Anything to be concerned about here? I've been struggling with my corals, had about 10 SPS frags die, leathers looked mad, duncan looks ticked but alive. Started doing some more frequent water changes but before that had an ICP test. Couple things look high but are they causing my problems? I did bottom out my nutrients and starting to maintain a decent level. I'm thinking that's what killed the SPS.

Attachments

• Analysis result.pdf
    368.9 KB · Views: 43

Coral-vault

DFW's Premier Aquatics Dealer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank?
Lighting?
Flow?

OP
OP
A

awyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 12 months old. Lighting is 4x5 ft T5s and 2 Kessils 360s (that are only a couple inches off the water). Flow is Jebao SCP-120 (4600 gph) and Jebao SOW-20 (5283 gph). 6 ft, 135 gallon tank.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depending on how crazy you want to get into trace elements...your fluoride, potassium, iodine, and molybdenum are all low. Reef Moonshiners handbook is the best source for trace elements IMO.

You are also showing copper and tin. Not necessarily high yet but could be signs of something leaching or maybe something you are dosing.

OP
OP
A

awyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how I would have copper in the tank. There was a point where most of my inverts died pretty quickly though so that makes sense. I have a RBTA doing very well though and some zoas that are growing. I'll run some curpisorb and see if it helps.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the tin concern as something to watch out for a couple check what might be the source, but doubt it has killed the frags.
Iodine has its advocates and doubters, but not a frag killer

How did they die, rapid, slow, where they ever nice and fluffy/polypy? My spider sense says its something else

OP
OP
A

awyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty quick...over a couple of days I could tell they were going south. One frag out of 10-12 made it and its still alive. My one little toadstool still doesn't really extend it's polyps. And then my duncan is out like 25%. I have a torch that looks to be doing just fine. It's frustrating to have such a mix! Oh, had a chalice too that over ~3 weeks the skin just peeled away.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not see any problem in the ICP.

The tin is not nearly high enough to typically be an issue, although concentration is only a small part of the tox puzzle of an element that can take many forms.

I'd raise the salinity to 35 ppt, but that won't likely solve any organism problem. It will push potassium from very slightly low to very slightly above normal.

OP
OP
A

awyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested phosphate and nitrate with Hannas and got 0 and 3.4 respectively. I'm struggling to keep those above 0 most of the time without dosing. Maybe I'll take my skimmer off line for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested phosphate and nitrate with Hannas and got 0 and 3.4 respectively. I'm struggling to keep those above 0 most of the time without dosing. Maybe I'll take my skimmer off line for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

I wouldn't turn off a skimmer since it does much more than reduce nutrients (such as aeration).

I'd feed more or dose phosphate.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back