ICP sample tests positive for methadone

TheBiochemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I dont understand the OP well but ICP cannot detect methadone. ICP is an elemental analysis, so it will only detect elements contained in methadone structure (C, H, N and O) without any further structural/qualitative insights. There is no chance to say the drug is contained in such a complex matrix as saltwater is using ICP-MS/OES.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I dont understand the OP well but ICP cannot detect methadone. ICP is an elemental analysis, so it will only detect elements contained in methadone structure (C, H, N and O) without any further structural/qualitative insights. There is no chance to say the drug is contained in such a complex matrix as saltwater is using ICP-MS/OES.
The OP isn’t saying that the ICP test results indicated methadone was present. They’re saying that the sample was tested at an international border crossing (presumably en route from the OP to the ICP testing lab) where customs agents tested it for methadone and got a positive result.

TheBiochemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP isn’t saying that the ICP test results indicated methadone was present. They’re saying that the sample was tested at an international border crossing (presumably en route from the OP to the ICP testing lab) where customs agents tested it for methadone and got a positive result.
Ahhh, now I get it. Then, I wouldnt be concerned as these screening tools are frequently false positive. Thanks for clarification.:)

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bird droppings on windshield test positive for cocaine:

Why would cocaine be on a windshield in the first place?

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would cocaine be on a windshield in the first place?
Playing hide and seek with cars down our dirt roads leads to corn field parties and then cocaine on a windshield doesn't sound like all that big of a deal by comparison to some things those nights.. ha
+backroad mafia+

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
NickHolmes

NickHolmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m most curious why an ICP sample was sent from South Africa to Poland. Is sending a sample half way around the world really the option?

Most ICP vendors are in Europe. Being Poland, it was likely an Aquaforest test., no labs in Africa.
That’s correct. Turned out to be a expensive, futile exercise, roughly $80

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s correct. Turned out to be a expensive, futile exercise, roughly $80
I expect that Aquaforest will replace the test if you let them know what happened. I had a Trident test go missing when a distributor failed to forward it to Trident. They sent me a replacement and asked me to send it directly to them going forward.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time to move the lab out of the basement my friend.

C1199D57-231A-4CC0-8D62-AA8137C5B8D3.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back