ICP Test Advice

Rconner15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I just received my first ICP test results and wanted opinions. My alk is low. I'm already dosing BRS 2 part, so I'll have to adjust my alk dosing. Here's a link to my results:

//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/936658fd2cf8e25f178f

I also attached a pdf if that's more convenient. What would you guys do with these results?

Do I really need to dose Strontium, Vanadium, and Manganese? If so, any supplement recommendations? I also noted that they detected Aluminum (at 4.22 ug/l), but it's marked as ok, even though their reference value is 0.10 ug/l. What do you guys think. Is having any detectable aluminum in my water ok?

Thanks for any help in advance!
 

Attachments

Last edited:
4 ppb aluminum is no concern. Vanadium and manganese may be useful and trying s trace element mix to see if it is useful might be a fine experiment. Zinc and iron and some others may be useful as well.

I personally do not consider strontium useful, but again it might be a fine experiment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new