ID my hitchhiker

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hbulick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hbulick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
NE, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I came home to find that one of my Zoa's was knocked over, in my tank this used to be a pretty common occurrence as I had a velvet damsel that was destructive - he has found a new home, I did take a look to see what was going on and discovered that there was this thing on the bottom. At first I thought it was a flat worm and we scooped up the rock and did a freshwater dip - it did not release from the rock, after looking at more post on here and the pictures I do not think it is flatworm. I have placed the rock in the QT, I do not recall it being on the bottom of the rock when we got it from the LFS. Thinking a sponge.

It is very thin, pink to red in color depending on the lighting. It does appear to have a mouth and it almost looks veiny.

I did take several pictures and did not seem to have much luck but maybe this is enough of an idea to find out if it is good or bad.
3.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 0071.jpg
    0071.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 0084.jpg
    0084.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 168
4.jpg
DSCF0444 (2).jpg

additional photos hoping better images - afraid to put my waterproof camera in the water still.
 
:sorry: I can't ID your hitchhiker.. but love the nails!! ;)
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new