Id of sandbed bacteria/algae

Smallslandreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
93
Reaction score
19
Location
Cyprus
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyy guys, i need some help identifying what is on my sandbed. I have attached some picture od some sand grains under the digital microscope. Especially the red stuff if anyone knows please help id.

IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpg IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpg IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpg IMG-20230324-WA0000.jpg IMG-20230324-WA0001.jpg
 
I would think cyanobacteria for the red
Thank you for replying. I increased my feeding regiment. But my no4 and po4 levels are normal in the tank. Is blwping the sand a bit with a turkey baster when it forms going to help?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new