OP
OP
BMan

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. Chalk it up as a learning experience. I'll buy another and deal with it if it should ever reproduce. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

OP
OP
BMan

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriatopora hystrix is what the seller is telling me the coral is.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. Chalk it up as a learning experience. I'll buy another and deal with it if it should ever reproduce. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem... hey, we all learn something new in this hobby every day :) That's what makes a forum such as R2R great [emoji12]

If you see it beginning to grow elsewhere you can always scrape it off.

OP
OP
BMan

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green piece I posted is a birdsnest seriatopra.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he is saying it's a birdsnest which is a in the pocillopordae family... that is this guy...
74af8d1a64ffb3ac3cb5aba81e4efc6c.jpg

I would say that's not correct.

OP
OP
BMan

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brown one is the Seriatopora hystrix

OP
OP
BMan

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest resemblance would be the seriatopora guttatus. But I still say it isn't that either due to the size of the branching.
I agree it most like that. This was just a frag. Maybe 2.5 inches.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a damicornis, which yours could still be. It looked exactly like yours when it was smaller and before I began feeding it the good stuff lol. Either way it can still reproduce on its own.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I returned it to the individual who sold it to me. I stated that I had learned that it can reproduce by polyp bailout. He asked where I heard that and said it was not true. Not with the coral I was returning anyway. This individual has at least 1000 gallons of frag tanks running. I ask this....who is correct ? I think I believe him over the advice I got from this post. I will buy another frag and take him at his word.

No its definitely true... I would also not introduce any poccis to my tank for the same reason. **Looks like I'm late to the party. Carry on carry on.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy that you got it from may have gotten it from someone who labeled incorrectly. As you can see there are very many varieties of pocillopordae and you could also see by the 1st image that the one he said it was cannot possibly be by its growth pattern.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back