ID please :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Firepony
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Firepony

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2021
Messages
95
Reaction score
67
Location
Leesburg FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral and the store said it was an acan but when I googled it...looks nothing like an acan lol. I "think" it's a SPS???? Again...sorry for the poor pix...uggg. it is the coral up front with mint green in each mouth and has little "tentacles" around each mint green mouth. Looks like about 20ish of them. Thank you!!

IMG_20220424_070918.jpg IMG_20220424_071125.jpg IMG_20220424_074525.jpg
 
Looks like either gonipora or alveopora but very hard to tell by the picture .
Typically if a coral has a mouth surrounded by tentacles it’s not a sps
But either a lps or soft coral .
 
Ahhhhh ok.. very good to know, I always have a hard time telling which is SPS and lps. Now I know :) thank you!!
 
Video...
 

Attachments

  • VID_20220424_080621.mp4
    77 MB
I cross posted so I'll let you know when I find out lol
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new