ID protruding thing on zoa frag

AmaleeC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
620
Reaction score
522
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I noticed these weird things sticking out of my zoa frag. They’re tube-like with hairs around the tip. Any ideas as to what they may be? I thought they were new heads growing on my zoa, but now I don’t think so.

AF2B6840-C4E2-470B-A38C-C0A7597ABC57.jpeg

381CE665-A222-47B3-A69C-C700167740D8.png
7C2BDBCB-EE02-4E8B-A5E1-9CA9A81891BC.jpeg
 
Hydroids, I would not introduce that piece to my system. Even on a restricted budget I would return the frag or dump it.
 
Hydroids, I would not introduce that piece to my system. Even on a restricted budget I would return the frag or dump it.

Although this is a very helpful solution, it’s actually been in my tank for quite a bit of time now lol

if they are, kill them while you still can.

how can I kill the things? I read up on them and saw I can light them on fire, use kalk powder, epox, or super glue. Any other solutions?
 
Although this is a very helpful solution, it’s actually been in my tank for quite a bit of time now lol

how can I kill the things? I read up on them and saw I can light them on fire, use kalk powder, epox, or super glue. Any other solutions?

i've been seen to blow torch them... and still lost the battle.

see if you can pull them off with tweezers. and keep an eye open to see if others start popping up in your tank.

in case this wasn't obvious, i hate these little pieces of hellspawn with a passion.


J.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new