ID question

  • Thread starter Thread starter gwhook
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gwhook

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
770
Reaction score
0
Location
Claxton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When taking a second to give the rocks a close look I noticed a small 1/3 inch round black spot with a pattern of white dots. I touched it with something to see if it retracted into the rock and it di nothing. A few seconds later the center of it raised up making it into a cone shape and it started moving. I took a picture but it is not a good on. You can see it in the top left quarter of the picture. Does anyone have a clue of what it is??
balck with white spots.jpg
 
Another picture sorry they are not great, but it was camera shy.
black disk 2.jpg
 
No it was flat and then the center rose up then it walked away. Jet black with a pattern of white dots in rows from the center out. I can't find it not I will get better pictures if I find it again.
 
I think it is a Limpet. Here is a better picture I removed him today. Now the question is is he OK to leave in my tank with the corals??
limpet.jpg
 
Limpets should be fine with corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new