ID this Acro

The Coral Garden

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2016
Messages
235
Reaction score
114
Location
Tx
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this piece about an year ago that was a small 3/4" frag. Can someone help me ID this piece for me. It has a very blue body, yellow tip and greenish polyps. Thanks!

20200330_232042.jpg
 
I can barely see anything but the blue light hitting the top of the branches :( looks very nice though and I would love to see a pic under white light so we can really see what it is.
 
I can barely see anything but the blue light hitting the top of the branches :( looks very nice though and I would love to see a pic under white light so we can really see what it is.

Sry, that pic was taken 10mins before the light was going out last night. Found another pic so hopefully this will help. Thanks!

20200331_133223.jpg
 
Umm... green acro? Will a fancy name make it more valuable to you? If so, how about name it ET PhoneHome. There... now frag it and make millions! Nice looking colony of SPS and great growth for a year. Keep up the great work.

I dont understand the fascination with names nowadays aside from retailers separating the money from your wallet. I've been out of the game for a few years and I just cant believe the prices these nubs command! If you look on the brightside, it has attracted the younger crowd which is a huge step for the hobby and the families that rely on it. Hopefully it becomes easier and cheaper to aqua farm because in a couple decades we wont have any natural reefs to raid and ship across the continent.
 
Umm... green acro? Will a fancy name make it more valuable to you? If so, how about name it ET PhoneHome. There... now frag it and make millions! Nice looking colony of SPS and great growth for a year. Keep up the great work.

I dont understand the fascination with names nowadays aside from retailers separating the money from your wallet. I've been out of the game for a few years and I just cant believe the prices these nubs command! If you look on the brightside, it has attracted the younger crowd which is a huge step for the hobby and the families that rely on it. Hopefully it becomes easier and cheaper to aqua farm because in a couple decades we wont have any natural reefs to raid and ship across the continent.
A fancy name would be awesome but I want to know what kind of species of acro this is. Thank you
 
Growth wise almost looks like A. pectinatus. This is a little bit of a tougher one to get a more exact ID in my opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new