ID this Acro

Et817

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this piece about an year ago that was a small 3/4" frag. Can someone help me ID this piece for me. It has a very blue body, yellow tip and greenish polyps. Thanks!

20200330_232042.jpg

OP
OP
Et817

Et817

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can barely see anything but the blue light hitting the top of the branches :( looks very nice though and I would love to see a pic under white light so we can really see what it is.

Sry, that pic was taken 10mins before the light was going out last night. Found another pic so hopefully this will help. Thanks!

20200331_133223.jpg

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Umm... green acro? Will a fancy name make it more valuable to you? If so, how about name it ET PhoneHome. There... now frag it and make millions! Nice looking colony of SPS and great growth for a year. Keep up the great work.

I dont understand the fascination with names nowadays aside from retailers separating the money from your wallet. I've been out of the game for a few years and I just cant believe the prices these nubs command! If you look on the brightside, it has attracted the younger crowd which is a huge step for the hobby and the families that rely on it. Hopefully it becomes easier and cheaper to aqua farm because in a couple decades we wont have any natural reefs to raid and ship across the continent.

OP
OP
Et817

Et817

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm... green acro? Will a fancy name make it more valuable to you? If so, how about name it ET PhoneHome. There... now frag it and make millions! Nice looking colony of SPS and great growth for a year. Keep up the great work.

I dont understand the fascination with names nowadays aside from retailers separating the money from your wallet. I've been out of the game for a few years and I just cant believe the prices these nubs command! If you look on the brightside, it has attracted the younger crowd which is a huge step for the hobby and the families that rely on it. Hopefully it becomes easier and cheaper to aqua farm because in a couple decades we wont have any natural reefs to raid and ship across the continent.
A fancy name would be awesome but I want to know what kind of species of acro this is. Thank you

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growth wise almost looks like A. pectinatus. This is a little bit of a tougher one to get a more exact ID in my opinion.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back