ID this sump?

aggiejames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a used aquarium this week and the guy has a sump that he threw in. Can anyone tell me what brand it is?

I’ve never had a sump before some I’m trying to figure out what I have and do some research. Everything I’ve owned until this point has been AIO.

I am planning to add a drop in roller mat in place of filter socks. Going with Chaeto fuge in the second chamber. Bubble Magus skimmer plus ceramic blocks in third chamber. Return pump in last skimmer. Does that all seem correct? I don’t want to mess anything up.

Last question - is there anything I can put in the sump and run to make sure it’s dead and clean everything? I’m pretty sure he had a tank crash and gave up.

IMG_2013.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what brand it is?
Howdy, fellow Aggie :)
Looks like a Trigger sump... And they're made right by you in Arlington! https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/s...VLlPh3NVaNACoXgtgay1gZ2oOLJngB9YaAtfREALw_wcB

I am planning to add a drop in roller mat in place of filter socks. Going with Chaeto fuge in the second chamber. Bubble Magus skimmer plus ceramic blocks in third chamber. Return pump in last skimmer. Does that all seem correct? I don’t want to mess anything up.
Read the description in the link I posted above. I don't know if there's a roller mat that will fit in the first (filter sock) section ( there might be, I don't have one, but that chamber looks pretty small.) There are 3 large sections and the first is intended for the skimmer, the middle is the fuge, and the last is for the return pump. (IMO, having the skimmer before the fuge is backwards, but that's how this one was designed.)

Last question - is there anything I can put in the sump and run to make sure it’s dead and clean everything? I’m pretty sure he had a tank crash and gave up.
Just wipe it down with vinegar and then rinse and dry it. "Tank crash" is such a generic term that it doesn't really tell you anything. But the sump is acrylic and should be easy to clean. (If there is a lot of buildup on the panels, you can fill it with diluted vinegar or citric acid and the calcium residue should come right off).

Good luck!

OP
OP
A

aggiejames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, fellow Aggie :)
Looks like a Trigger sump... And they're made right by you in Arlington! https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/s...VLlPh3NVaNACoXgtgay1gZ2oOLJngB9YaAtfREALw_wcB

Read the description in the link I posted above. I don't know if there's a roller mat that will fit in the first (filter sock) section ( there might be, I don't have one, but that chamber looks pretty small.) There are 3 large sections and the first is intended for the skimmer, the middle is the fuge, and the last is for the return pump. (IMO, having the skimmer before the fuge is backwards, but that's how this one was designed.)

Just wipe it down with vinegar and then rinse and dry it. "Tank crash" is such a generic term that it doesn't really tell you anything. But the sump is acrylic and should be easy to clean. (If there is a lot of buildup on the panels, you can fill it with diluted vinegar or citric acid and the calcium residue should come right off).

Good luck!
Thank you! This is super helpful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back