Ideas for power adapter cooling rack?

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an easy solution for their power adapters (black brick shaped things between your lights and the plug)? I will have 7 of them now for my lighting, and they get quite hot at peak usage. I’d like an easy way to hold them separated and off the ground for 360 degree air flow.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or one single, more efficient power supply, that has an output high enough to supply all of your lights. It will clean up your wiring, reduce your energy usage, and eliminate the need to try to manage cheap power supplies that are running to hot and will probably burn out prematurely due to insufficient cooling.

OP
OP
ntayler

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that would be great, however my knowledge of electronics is no where near the level of hacking apart 6 kessils to make a custom power supply

OP
OP
ntayler

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m throwing together a wooden stand/rack thing out of scrap strapping....just waiting for the glue to dry. I’m limited by cord length and placement of fish room (closet) behind the tank otherwise I would definitely just have suspended them from the wire shelving

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't require taking anything apart.

A 30-40A DC power supply and some cord ends to fit the Kessil's connector is all you would really need.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back