Identifying hitchhiker

Pharmasea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new to reefing and just set up my first tank ~ 4 months ago. I've noticed an uninvited guest(s) peeking out from underneath my chalice that has grown in both size and number over the past few weeks and was hoping someone could identify them to see if it's benign or something I need to address. I managed to grab a small piece of whatever these are with tweezers and it feels like it has a hard body and appears segmented with an alternating black and white color, but I'm unable to pull the entire organism out.
I thought it may be bristleworms, but I've read they usually live in the substrate so I wanted to get some more informed opinions. Thank you for your help and I'm sorry for the picture quality-it's very difficult to zoom in and focus on something so small with a phone camera.

20191210_173432.jpg

OP
OP
Pharmasea

Pharmasea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks everyone! Will it live between the chalice and plug forever? I've been seeing the arms reach out for a month now- could its body be trapped by the skeleton or would they normally hide until growing larger?

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pharma....Welcome to R2R ... Great First Question.. Congrats You Have Mini Brittles.. Well Hope to see some more pics of your tank and build... You know when ya get a minute.. :)

Back