If help please. Stumped on 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
3,679
Reaction score
196
Location
pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up this colony. And no one can give me a species id

Thinking horrida?

The round chunky tips have me stumped

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393956884.762540.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393956904.378690.jpg


Also have this nice orange and green one

Looks like a tort?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1393957010.928901.jpg
 
I don't think so; the structure of the tips doesn't match.
A. sarmentosa really looks spot on to me.

Maybe because it's the first sarmentosa I have had in colony size
And the growth it's showing is what's confusing me
The frags of sarmentosa I have. Show the rounded tips but a little longer branches
Where this one has rounded everything. I like the id and will stick with it. Thanks you for the help

This guy is gonna be a stunner. Nice contrasting bright blue polyps
 
Maybe because it's the first sarmentosa I have had in colony size
And the growth it's showing is what's confusing me
The frags of sarmentosa I have. Show the rounded tips but a little longer branches
Where this one has rounded everything.
It looks to be a maricultured piece, yes? In which case, they're typically hammered with a lot of flow in the racks and then grow quite a bit more dense than you'd see in aquaculture.
 
Yes a Mari piece

And definitely came from more flow than what I can give it lol

Thank you for the help and I will update this thread in the future when it shows some more growth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new