if I use live rock will I still have to cycle my tank

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say you’re supposed to wait 6 months or something like that to get corals, so that way you rock and filter get established. So I’m wondering if I just buy a whole bunch of live rock that’s already been cycled will I still have to wait?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're on page six so far, and not one reading for ammonia was posted from a digital test kit owner, therefore outcomes range all over the place and will continue. What won't ever range: people posting pics of clear water, happy corals, happy fish and inverts, sensitive cleaner shrimp doing just fine getting fed multiple times per day and not crashing: that means cycled. It doesn't mean spiked, stalled, or half cycled.

@GatorGreg another reason for the misalignment is that professional bottle bac makers stated untruths from the macna speakers podium when they said nitrite can stall a reef tank cycle (it has never done so in reefing not one time per digital ammonia test kits)

Some of this disagreement madness is very profitable, to a select few sellers. Only the buyers are in disarray, all entrants bringing skip cycle reef tanks to a convention are never in doubt about skip cycling practice.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back