Cycling Question

birddawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some Aquaforest dry rock last week and created an aquascape. I have had it cycling in a brute for about 5 days with some already “live rock” from my tank and tank water. I also added Fritz Turbo 900, and I was wondering how much longer should I wait to add the rock into the tank? I will have some more of the current rock still in the tank when I put the new rock in? I don’t have any test kits or anything to test for ammonia or anything. Do you think I am good to put it in now or should I wait a little bit longer?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some Aquaforest dry rock last week and created an aquascape. I have had it cycling in a brute for about 5 days with some already “live rock” from my tank and tank water. I also added Fritz Turbo 900, and I was wondering how much longer should I wait to add the rock into the tank? I will have some more of the current rock still in the tank when I put the new rock in? I don’t have any test kits or anything to test for ammonia or anything. Do you think I am good to put it in now or should I wait a little bit longer?
If just adding rock to an existing tank you didn't need to put it in the brute can in the first place, or add more bacteria.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that being said, your rock is fine to be transferred.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add some ammonia or fish food or pods or phyto to help feed the new growing bacteria. You could put it in your tank now but it will prob need some time to cycle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back