If successful... how long did it take for peppermint/filefish to control aiptasia?

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a picture of your aiptasia.
IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3303.jpeg

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a lot of aiptasia in a 45gallon refugium
I got a deal for 3 peppermint shrimp. All the aiptasia was gone within a few hours.

I am awaiting 3 more peppermints but instead of AlgaeBarn or my LFS, getting them from reefcleaners since I had to order CUC anyways. Hopefully I get lucky.

I use kalk past in my 180 gallon. My copper band controls them in my smaller tank. I have never seen an aiptasia in the display with the CBB even though they are in the overflow and sump. I need to move the CBB to my 180 but it has been doing so well where it is I'm afraid to put it in the 180 with my tangs. Sorry I'm not really sure how long it took to clear any from the display as I wasn't really focused on that.

Had a hard time trying to keep CBB. May try one again soon.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a hard time trying to keep CBB. May try one again soon.
I know the feeling. This is my second one and it is doing awesome after almost 10 months. Its the center piece of the tank it is in. Eventually I will have to move it as it will outgrow the reefer 170 housing it now. Not looking forward to that day. I may end up just setting up another tank for it then selling the reefer.

Monti34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my aphasia eating filefish for two years, it's been love hate it has been banished to the sump several times. I noticed when I do that and I don't feed it feeds on aphasia but it's not it's first choice. But regardless aphasia become less visible when predator occupies same space.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I popped 5 peppermints in a few weeks ago. Lantern basslet ate one immediately. Marine betta definitely got another one of them. Haven't seen a single one since then. About to go back to filefish or a cbb.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back