If you had your choice for lights…

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 36" 6 bulb giesemann t5 with a tank mount...i can see if it expands to 48" with it though if you are interested in it. I find the wide spread of t5s you dont need to span the whole tank but can go a size smaller. Was going to save it for a future possible build but i might sell if it will work well for you. If going with any t5 definitely add a blue led strip though as i have tried all sorts of combos but nothing beats the actinic glow of the blue leds

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they also have the 48" version here for $400 (i care more about helping than i do about the money). Tank mount should be pretty easy to get as well

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are super sleek and better looking than ati imo, but the ati's have the best par output (i dont think it is significant enough to matter) . But 4 bulb 48" and 2 blue led strips would light any sps tank perfectly

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i had to redo my lights again I would have gotten red sea Reefled.
i have seen them next to the kessils and they are pretty similar. Problem was connectivity issues a bunch of people have reported...one of my lfs got rid of them because of the issues disconnecting and turning off
Honestly i do prefer the slightly more caustic shimmer of the kessils but its all personal preference there

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen them next to the kessils and they are pretty similar. Problem was connectivity issues a bunch of people have reported...one of my lfs got rid of them because of the issues disconnecting and turning off
Honestly i do prefer the slightly more caustic shimmer of the kessils but its all personal preference there
Seems all lights suck according to R2R.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pair of Orphek OR3 bars or Ai Hydra 26/32

OP
OP
Powderblue85

Powderblue85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are super sleek and better looking than ati imo, but the ati's have the best par output (i dont think it is significant enough to matter) . But 4 bulb 48" and 2 blue led strips would light any sps tank perfectly
Yea that’s a really nice looking fixture! I’ll see if I can find the tank mount for the 48 inch. Thanks for the info.

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that’s a really nice looking fixture! I’ll see if I can find the tank mount for the 48 inch. Thanks for the info.
Are you a fan of shimmer?

T5 will give the flattest non-shimmer look of all lights. Kessils have the most shimmer in the LED world. Most everything else is in between.

Just mentioning that since you said your last tank was Kessil, I believe. You may be used to the shimmer lines.

OP
OP
Powderblue85

Powderblue85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you a fan of shimmer?

T5 will give the flattest non-shimmer look of all lights. Kessils have the most shimmer in the LED world. Most everything else is in between.

Just mentioning that since you said your last tank was Kessil, I believe. You may be used to the shimmer lines.
I enjoy the shimmer, but definitely don’t need it. I like the clean look of the kessil lights/mounts, but I seem to have the best coral growth with my T5 setup. I may have to just figure out a way to build a good looking light hanger for a hybrid setup.

Back