I'll never use another glass cleaner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nirvananight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its worth it! And unless you have a small tank id just get the strongest one. I did and it works great on my 230g and 75g

thx for that review! I got a smaller Red Sea reefer 200 that has 3/8 and 1/2 inch glass…so the magnet long says for panels up to 1/2”. But you’re saying go for the strongest which would be 1” thick? Would it pose any issues as far as potential damage to glass when two sides mate each other w glass i between? Thx!!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not go for the strongest, but one size up, for example the Strong 0222.020 for 1/2". Damage is possible if you suddenly drop the magnets together and go grossly oversized, slightly oversized the only issue is increased blade/pad wear and more effort needed to move the magnet, but they clean more efficiently with fewer passes.

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx for that review! I got a smaller Red Sea reefer 200 that has 3/8 and 1/2 inch glass…so the magnet long says for panels up to 1/2”. But you’re saying go for the strongest which would be 1” thick? Would it pose any issues as far as potential damage to glass when two sides mate each other w glass i between? Thx!!
If your careful with it i dont think its an issue, but if youre worried about it just get the strong not the strong+. The regular strong is rated for glass up to 3/4in. Ive used the strong plus on my 75 gallon without issue im just careful to not let any really strong magnet hit the glass together.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sprung for the flipper edge max se. Seems to get rave reviews as opposed to the regular float flippers.

nirvananight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow…. Got the Tunze Strong… first used my manual Seachem scraper which took me a long time to clean… after cleaning outside glass I saw that I left some spots… then decided to whip out the new Tunze strong… and man… it’s effortless. I seriously thought to myself after using Seachem stick “don’t know how often I’ll be doing this…takes so much time”. With the Tunze clean… I don’t see it being a problem! Can’t wait to try it with caked on algae and see how it does compared to Seachem. I must add that cleaning up to edge was perfect. The strong seems to be perfect for my 3/8 and 1/2 Red Sea glass.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine. Plows right through anything, and nothing makes it past a second pass.

Absolutely get the float thingy though. I run mine into the sand every time and it never picks anything up.

My only complaint is the blade hold down doesnt actually hold it well, and usually comes loose causing the blade to skip sometimes. It doesnt scratch but its not comforting.

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used one but I’ve read the wet side sinks to the bottom if the connection is lost.

Back