I'll never use another glass cleaner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im throwing away my magfloats, flipper, my scraper blades, everything. The tunze magnetic glass cleaner blows everything else out of the water. This thing mows over coraline like it's nothing and turned 15-20min coraline scraping sessions into seconds. And anyone with a big tank or tall tank knows how much it sucks. Im using it on all my tanks now.

Heres a video of it blowing away coraline on my 75g! Make sure you turn the sound on, its so satisfying haha my only regret was not buying it sooner!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im throwing away my magfloats, flipper, my scraper blades, everything. The tunze magnetic glass cleaner blows everything else out of the water. This thing mows over coraline like it's nothing and turned 15-20min coraline scraping sessions into seconds. And anyone with a big tank or tall tank knows how much it sucks. Im using it on all my tanks now.

Heres a video of it blowing away coraline on my 75g! Make sure you turn the sound on, its so satisfying haha my only regret was not buying it sooner!

And no scratches in the glass ???

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am never a fan of these cleaners. I have an acrylic and two glass tanks, nope! It’s more chances for me to scratch up the tanks with this type of cleaners vs my Mandy handy.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been using it? They all seem to work very well at first. My flipper Max(not Float) is great with a new blade, over time not so much.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up selling my tunze but it looks like they redesigned it a bit and added an ergo handle.
Ill have to pick another one up....im a little behind....

Attachments

• 20210303_152126.jpg
    20210303_152126.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been using it? They all seem to work very well at first. My flipper Max(not Float) is great with a new blade, over time not so much.
I just got it, but like any cleaner with a blade, you have to replace the blade regularly as they will dull out over time

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On acrylic, just be aware that nothing will be safer than doing it by hand. Any magnet can scratch acrylic, there are purpose made acrylic magnets and the magnets go in a very soft bag but even then, just some debris on the glass or picking up anything will scratch the acrylic. Acrylic is just very easy to scratch, our magnet is great for glass, but any magnet is a risk on acrylic.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On acrylic, just be aware that nothing will be safer than doing it by hand. Any magnet can scratch acrylic, there are purpose made acrylic magnets and the magnets go in a very soft bag but even then, just some debris on the glass or picking up anything will scratch the acrylic. Acrylic is just very easy to scratch, our magnet is great for glass, but any magnet is a risk on acrylic.
Agreed - I have yet to pull the trigger on anything yet because it seems like for every review that says something is awesome on acrylic, there are two that say the opposite. I'm going to try to keep up with a magic eraser and if that fails - plan B? Whatever that may be.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed - I have yet to pull the trigger on anything yet because it seems like for every review that says something is awesome on acrylic, there are two that say the opposite. I'm going to try to keep up with a magic eraser and if that fails - plan B? Whatever that may be.
You can use a kent marine scraper if youre doing it by hand. They have a plastic blade and a steel blade as well as a scotch pad type tip. The magic eraser doesnt work very well on coraline but works awesome on hard film algae.

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was so confused why would anyone stop using the tunze algae scraper but then I read your post and I understood, they are so amazing

Back