IM 112 EXT "The Lettuce Lagoon"

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My new IM 112 EXT has been delivered just in time for the new year! My current setup is a Red Sea reefer 250 which I've had running for around 2 years. I'll be using this thread to document the process of getting the new setup running as well as the transfer and breakdown of the Red Sea tank.
My end goal is to have a population of 6 or so seahorses in addition to my current fish stock.
69413475008__61C0A48C-8629-4D5D-9A2C-EF0DBC6416A7.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I plan to reuse my Nyos 160 skimmer, return pump, Kessil AP700 with t5 hybrid, Red Sea reef dose, and MP40 from the current build.
I built the cabinet to the right of the sump to house the wiring, controllers, and dosing pump as well as frag tank that I never got around to fully setting up.
IMG_9152.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new IM RFS sump is really spectacular looking. I'll be working on the plumbing today. Hoping to have it all done in time for the new year but you already know I'll probably be short one fitting
IMG_9153.jpeg
IMG_9155.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Plumbing took a bit longer than originally planned. Ended up getting covid which sapped all motivation out of home projects. After several more trips to the store and a few additional BRS orders, this is where I'm at:
IMG_9235.jpeg
IMG_9236.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered an ATO from Tenecor that will fit behind the sump next to the frag tank almost perfectly. I have a Biopellet reactor on order from BRS which will set in front of the Carbon reactor. I'll plumb the outlets for the reactors once they're both in place. I need to build a 3" riser for the frag tank stand in order for the frag tank overflow plumbing to clear the top of the sump so that is on the list of things to do

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Totally Jealous as this is the tank that I currently want. May settle for less.
I can't recommend this setup enough. Innovative marine really did an incredible job with this tank, stand, and sump. Having access to the sump from three sides is a HUGE help. If you're on the fence, I'd say go for it. I ordered in late october and received Dec 29

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like I am getting a cube instead. A friend of mine is almost give me a 100 gal cube.
Tough to turn that down. More money for corals haha. Cube tanks are cool because the fish swim in all directions rather than mostly pacing the length of the tank. It'll be cool to see what you do with it

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Built the 3" riser for the frag tank. This allows the frag overflow plumbing to clear the top of the sump. BRS order comes in tomorrow with the bio pellet reactor and some more 3/4 pipe to plumb the frag tank fully.
IMG_9254.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also gave the skimmer a good cleaning in citric acid before putting it in its new home. (Excuse the bathroom reno haha)
IMG_9261.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quick update:
The lagoon is filled and running, tuned, and nice and quiet.
I installed the lights for the mangrove. These are the Halo "smart" lights so they have a dim/on/off cycle set as well as adjustable color temperature.
The ATO reservoir, bio pellet reactor, and additional plumbing parts came in so I have a bit more plumbing to work on for the system peripherals.
IMG_9286.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back