OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished up the internals of the stand this weekend... Only thing left is the removable panels
Finished Frame.jpg
Frame Front.jpg

OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build thread! I love the stand and tank placement. How many rooms can you see it from?

My only recommendation is to ditch that dry rock algae farm and go with ocean live rock. Check my build thread for details.
Thanks jabber... Yeah I was just going to make it an office tank but this spot fit perfect. Can see from our main hall, kitchen, office, dining and secondary family room.

My very first salt water tank I set up has been the only tank I used live rock for and the only tank I had to deal with unwanted pests. My other 2 tanks were all dry rock and had good success and zero issues... Hope this one goes the same way.

OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the PC-100A if I may. My problem with most power strips is the inconsistent size of tank equipment plugs. Does the PC-100A solve this? I am intrigued.
The PC-100A is awesome, the outlets are orientated vertically so there is plenty of space for all size plugs... Only $35 on amazon too.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and wish you the best of luck. If I had a piece of advice it would be to make a shorter rock structure. Mine is shorter than yours and it still doesn't leave enough room on top for coral growth.

Or, perhaps you have a different plan.

Edit: Since you asked at the start. I find the stock return pump to be just fine. I use a pair of these and I really like what they do for my flow: https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/SpinStream-Wavemaking-Flow-Nozzle-p184809140

OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and wish you the best of luck. If I had a piece of advice it would be to make a shorter rock structure. Mine is shorter than yours and it still doesn't leave enough room on top for coral growth.

Or, perhaps you have a different plan.

Edit: Since you asked at the start. I find the stock return pump to be just fine. I use a pair of these and I really like what they do for my flow: https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/SpinStream-Wavemaking-Flow-Nozzle-p184809140
Yeah, not really sure of my coral plan... Def want to try a few SPS which Im assuming will take years to outgrow if I place on the top of the bigger rock work, I may mount the frag to the sides of the overhangs and let them grow out and up... Not sure.

The back left "tower" I want to break the water surface, always thought that looked cool in lagoon tanks.

I have a couple random flow generators being 3D printed but yeah those spinstreams are cool.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, ill start saving now.
I am into my IM 25 lagoon right at about $2 grand total spend since June of last year...

I don't need to upgrade though. One of the things I like about this tank is its manageable size.

Edited to add that I have made about $100 of store credit supplying the LFS with macro algae cuttings from my ocean live rock. Small victory.

OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am into my IM 25 lagoon right at about $2 grand total spend since June of last year...

I don't need to upgrade though. One of the things I like about this tank is its manageable size.

Edited to add that I have made about $100 of store credit supplying the LFS with macro algae cuttings from my ocean live rock. Small victory.
Im currently just above that $2k mark too... Only purchases left are (3) 5 gallon reservoirs... Might go black ones from @Tenecor Aquariums & the @AUTOAQUA AWC Duo... Those last few items will put me close to the $3k mark... Don't tell the wifey.

Its been over a year though since I bought the tank, light & heater.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently just above that $2k mark too... Only purchases left are (3) 5 gallon reservoirs... Might go black ones from @Tenecor Aquariums & the @AUTOAQUA AWC Duo... Those last few items will put me close to the $3k mark... Don't tell the wifey.

Its been over a year though since I bought the tank, light & heat

Its been over a year though since I bought the tank, light & heater.
Check out the blems here:

https://www.triggersys.com/ts/blemished/

Good stuff!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back