IM 40 gal Fusion build

Meowtentacles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Long time lurker here- R2R has awesome info and perspectives! I've been reefing for about 15 years mostly pretty low budget and DIY heavy.. I finally made an account and I'm excited to be participating more fully! I am very open to suggestions, comments and constructive criticism this is my first post so please be gentle!

I have a new IM 40 Fusion that I got a solid deal on since the new PRO is out. I plan to have a mixed reef community with corals ranging from sps to softies with more small inhabitants. I love being able to stare at the tank and find more and more small critters and corals!

I have the hard scape set up- first time that I have dry built and secured my rocks together. I used reef putty as due to covid I found it very hard to get my hands on Aqua Forest Stone Fix which I had planned to use ‍♀️ It's pretty sturdy and I'm happy with it. I've had water in it for a few weeks so now I'm looking at picking up a CUC soon i'm thinking:
- nassarius snails
- serpent star
- peppermint shrimp
- maaaaaybe a few blue legs - but honestly I really don't like crabs. They run around knocking **** over and moving frags and UGH
- astrea snails, trochus snails, nerites and/or ceriths **I would really like suggestions here! I want something that will stay small but will keep the glass and rock work clean**

I have one AI Prime over it for now but in the future I'm planning on getting another one to run both over it.

IMG_4755.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

Last edited:

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan! Let's see some pictures! For snails I like nassarius, cerith, and trochus. Maybe dwarf cerith too but they don't seem to last very long.

OP
OP
Meowtentacles

Meowtentacles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a solid plan! Let's see some pictures! For snails I like nassarius, cerith, and trochus. Maybe dwarf cerith too but they don't seem to last very long.
Hey thanks!

I tried posting pictures with the original post but it didn't like my file format, I'll **** with it a bit more today

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back