I'm a newbie!

dan-the-dino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear R2R Community,

My name is Daniel Stewart. I'm a 30 year old who feels and looks, so I've been told, like an 18 year old. In my heart I'm pretty much still in love with everything I was back then, anyway...

I'm married, with a 5 year old son and I work at a busy freight company. I'm obsessed with anything aquatic and old video games (or games that require a wired controller...because we all know it's not a true video game if you don't need to blow or rub it to start working......that's what she said. Sorry!! :xd: ) I'm a musician and writer when I find the time and I'm just trying to live everyday to the fullest, no matter what goes right or wrong at any given moment.

Ok, enough about me. I'm on this forum to meet YOU all! I'm excited to be here, and even more excited to be joining a flipping forum! I feel like everyone my age does facebook, instagram, twitter and whatever else...but I grew up in the 80's. I lived on a dial up modem for years. I used to be a chat room administrator. You get my drift...I'm probably stuck in the past, yes.
But I prefer emails over facebook messages, and I love online forums. Not to say that online forums are going out of style by any means...but technology has changed so much and I'm just really supportive of any medium, like this forum that has survived the decades.

So I'll be asking my own, stupid questions here soon and I appreciate everyone's patience with me and my ignorance. I love fish. My Mom used to keep goldfish for years and for whatever reason (probably my nostalgic nuisance side of me) I decided a little over a year ago to start keeping them as pets again. I want my son to enjoy them like I used to and I just love the hobby.

So hello to you all! I come in love and peace. Thank you for reading this long-winded welcome message and I look forward to talking to you soon!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF!
welcome-108.gif

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm 30 too and have never had a facebook, I think I'm one of the few our age who can say that. This forum is much better than that anyway. Can't wait to see your set up!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r.... I'm with the "I don't get Facebook" crowd myself.

Lets hear more about what's going on with the tank! (My favorite topic)

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I am turning 30 soon! I also hope to have my children follow along in my love for reefing and the ocean in general. Glad to have you here and can't wait to see your setup! Be sure to start a tank thread that we can follow along with!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back