I'm back!... after 6 years EVO 13.5 to Nuvo 25 lagoon

Theescotland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... here I am again friends, after a long 6ish years I am back into the hobby!

After being in the hobby for a better portion of my life it only felt natural to get back into a reef tank. Per the lady friends wishes, I started small.. with a Fluval Evo 13.5 Gallon AIO. As of today I set the 13.5 up about a month ago, I paired it with an AI Prime 16 HD knowing I was going to dive head first into corals again.

The Prime 16 HD is probably the fanciest lighting equipment I have ever owned, and I am loving it. I have always been a T5 W/ LED's kind of guy...we'll see if I don't go back to that ;) Huge shout out to everyone for the help with settings/ schedules especially @Waynerock I cant express how grateful have been for all of his help throughout this whole process of getting back into this hobby.

Here is my HORRIBLE blue washed picture of the EVO...

63502063682__98C6DBFA-B1AD-4D9E-8840-BF2F806550DF.jpg

OP
OP
Theescotland

Theescotland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!!

LOL so the EVO did not last long...

I
found a post on a NUVO 25 Gallon Lagoon for sale that I just couldn't pass up, and so I pulled the trigger.
I picked it up today, for a great deal and even got ANOTHER AI Prime with it, so needless to say, I am very excited. so this post has switched from an EVO build thread to a 25 lagoon build!

Here are the 2 next to each other.. for now. please ignore the stands, they are by all means temporary.
IMG_2317 (1).jpg

With a little bit of Kentucky Creek water ( bourbon & Ale 8) I am ready to get this aqua scaping started!
IMG_2319 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Theescotland

Theescotland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After hours of mixing salt, which is still getting to proper temp o_O moving around rocks and sticky fingers from the reef epoxy I think I have finally nailed it.

IMG_2324 (1).jpg
IMG_2327 (1).jpg
IMG_2326 (1).jpg
IMG_2325 (1).jpg

And that is where i plan to leave it for the night... next is to add the water and the rest of the equipment. I am very excited for this build, please feel free to chime in and share your thoughts. I am all ears!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back