IM Fusion 10

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my fusion 10 in and set it up, I used 10 lb dry rock, 10 lb fine sand. The sand has been a bit of a problem, it is constantly kicking up so I'm in the process of trying to tune my power heads location to prevent that. I was wondering what I could keep in here that isn't your basic clownfish pair, I've already got one of those. Could a pistol and goby pair work? I'm not sure whether they would have trouble burrowing into the sand or not. Also any other recommendations for the tank are welcome!

image.jpg

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I want to say that I love the rockwork in there! Really beautiful and I wish I could get a design like that but my tank is too big and I don't want to tear it down while I redo rock.
My fish reccomendations are firefish, dottybacks, certain goby species, a shrimp/goby pairing (make sure your rock is actually sitting on the bottom and not just sand, I would worry they could collapse it burrowing under). You could do a damsel, chromis, or clown but IMO they like to swim too much to be in a smaller tank. But if you have strong enough flow for them to go against I would say it's okay

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha's goby/Randal's pistol shrimp pair is perfect for that tank. That would cover the low. A clown goby or a firefish would cover the high.

I have a tiny yellow watchman goby and a group of sexy shrimp in my IM Fusion 10

OP
OP
S

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot!! I wasn't sure about the rock at first but it's growing on me, one thing I did to ensure I can mount coral to it since it's basically vertical was I drilled holes the size of a frag plug throughout. Now if I could get rid of the cloudiness from the sand that would be amazing but I've read it will take a while until a film of bacteria develops. I really like the idea of a goby shrimp pairing I might have to do that!
First I want to say that I love the rockwork in there! Really beautiful and I wish I could get a design like that but my tank is too big and I don't want to tear it down while I redo rock.
My fish reccomendations are firefish, dottybacks, certain goby species, a shrimp/goby pairing (make sure your rock is actually sitting on the bottom and not just sand, I would worry they could collapse it burrowing under). You could do a damsel, chromis, or clown but IMO they like to swim too much to be in a smaller tank. But if you have strong enough flow for them to go against I would say it's okay

OP
OP
S

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a gorgeous little tank! Any updates FTS?
I’ve actually had to change a lot in this tank, the original rock leached tons of phosphates and I had brown algae off the wall for months so I ended up ditching it for different rock which was a shame because I liked the old scape. I only recently started to really add things into this tank, I got a AI prime, put chaeto In the back and got a wave maker and that got rid of the algae and I’m starting to add coral now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

kdc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this ‘scape too. Is your rock actually down on the bottom? Are you still looking into getting a shrimp/goby pair? I’ve had them and they’re great! They don’t seem to need much room, but are pretty active.

OP
OP
S

Saumann7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this ‘scape too. Is your rock actually down on the bottom? Are you still looking into getting a shrimp/goby pair? I’ve had them and they’re great! They don’t seem to need much room, but are pretty active.
I forgot to push it all the way down to the bottom actually, I didn’t even think of it until I started to stock the tank a few weeks ago. I have a firefish and I ordered 2 black and white clowns which will be enough for the tank, perhaps pushing it a bit. I’m still considering some shrimp maybe just without the goby for now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back