I'm New- What's everyone's favorite fish?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community!!!

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

OP
OP
Derpy Clown Fish

Derpy Clown Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma, but only for looks. She's all hidey-hidey and quite agressive.

The first two posts, moorish idol and copper and, were on my list forever, but I never got either because both are hard to keep (or so I've read).

For those who have had one for more that a year, any idea why you've been successful?

For anyone who had one that didn't make it, any idea what went wrong?
My family and I have both. We have had our Moorish Idol for 5 years, and our Copperband for 1 year, here is a pic:
IMG_5882.jpg

They are in separate tanks, and for the Moorish Idle, the threads on here are really cool and helpful, and we picked a Moorish idle that looked healthy. (A lot of them looked half-starved to death)
And then for the first few weeks, we fed them live foods. (Black worms) we did the same for the Copper Band.
Eventually, the Moorish Idle moved on to anything, and now the CopperBand eats frozen foods.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard! Congrats on 5 years with the Moorish Idol to you and family! That's an impressive result , continued success!

Favourite fish is definitely Yellow Tang 'Deuce' she is 18 years old... close second my Eibli Angel.

20211114_172421.jpg
20211114_172244.jpg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I'm new to the Reef2Reef community, and I just wanted to ask what everyone's favorite fish is.
One of mine is probably a Moorish Idol, my family has been keeping one for almost five years! Here is a picture:
IMG_2897.jpg
Welcome to R2R
I wouldn’t able to pick one but I like CBB a lot if I have to pick one
Welcome to R2R.JPG

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome.
My favourite fish would have to be harlequin tusk but favourite fish that I own would have to be the super bright yellow " silver belly wrasse " and its super cheap also so a bonus followed closely by my copperband ^_^

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I'm new to the Reef2Reef community, and I just wanted to ask what everyone's favorite fish is.
One of mine is probably a Moorish Idol, my family has been keeping one for almost five years! Here is a picture:
IMG_2897.jpg
Welcome! Mine's the Blonde Naso Tang.
70433.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back