OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I poked around the safe parts of the internet. Looks like 15%+ discounts are possible.
Seems like today was the announcement for the announcement. “Wait until November 7”.

Not sure how long IM 20% off sale runs. Or if it’s just a perpetual promotion.

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like today was the announcement for the announcement. “Wait until November 7”.

Not sure how long IM 20% off sale runs. Or if it’s just a perpetual promotion.
Friday, November 3rd at 11am eastern. You’re right, two weeks is a long wait.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Any idea how long they are running it?

And did you make up your mind yet?
well I bought mine a couple months ago at 20% off. a month ago they added free TSA live stock then yesterday they are now 50% off. kind of upset if they don't do something for me since it's still in shipping and I don't even have it. They have a 1st time owner 30 day trial program that I'm looking into. An extra 30% off would have been huge. I would jump on this now if re-doing. Especially since the MTO is in stock on a few of them.

So I guess I'll see how their customer service is and let you know.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I bought mine a couple months ago at 20% off. a month ago they added free TSA live stock then yesterday they are now 50% off. kind of upset if they don't do something for me since it's still in shipping and I don't even have it. They have a 1st time owner 30 day trial program that I'm looking into. An extra 30% off would have been huge. I would jump on this now if re-doing. Especially since the MTO is in stock on a few of them.

So I guess I'll see how their customer service is and let you know.

I am considering the 170 INT. Without the Sump and get a Bashsea Pro to fit a reef mat. Outstanding question I had was:

1) The 170 INT has a recessed eurobrace. How difficult is it to mount a light against it? I can't find good information on this forum if it is even possible or not

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass is thicker on the newer Red Sea G2/G2+ tanks, and they now feature armored seams - so they are definitely an improvement.

If you get the Red Sea tank and gear (ReefMat, ReefDose, ReefSkimmer, ReefWaves and ReefRun pump) they all connect via the ReefBeat app - which is effectively a virtual controller. Then you don't necessarily need to drop any $$ into a Neptune controller.

@blaxsun - How do the Reefer S- Series compare to the normal G2+ stock?

• G2+ seem to be priced very competitive (if not cheaper than) an IM and Waterbox. My main concern is the - are there risks with it leaking
  • S-Series tanks are $1500 higher than G2+s, and considerably higher than there competitors (including IMs that are eurobraced, etc.). They seem to be overbuilt, but I don't have a good comparison to their build quality vs IM / WB / etc
I know S-Series can't be an exact like for like comparison to a Stock G2, because capacity size is different, in addition to stand.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering the 170 INT. Without the Sump and get a Bashsea Pro to fit a reef mat. Outstanding question I had was:

1) The 170 INT has a recessed eurobrace. How difficult is it to mount a light against it? I can't find good information on this forum if it is even possible or not

Well I can tell you from service, they will not not honor a price adjustment or anything at IM. don't have the aquarium yet and went on sale for $450 less. The 30day trial is only for items paid at full price. So if you pay full price you can return it then rebuy it for 1/2 the price if you liked it ;-)

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM 112 is on the truck. 2 months to build and ship. not the 4-6 on site which is good news. Keep us posted with what you do. I'll be setting up mine soon as I collect equipment now. Not sure about how to mount light with a Eurobrace and screen. Do people clamp it to the EXT overflow? hoping to acquire some deals on extras Black Friday.

How long did it take yours to arrive on the truck after shipment notification?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From CA to my door in ME it was 10 days. I called though the day it arrived in the trucking facility to schedule the delivery so there were no extra delays. Still in my garage but I have people coming to put it on the stand for me soon. 350 pounds

Did you order the 170 yet?

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From CA to my door in ME it was 10 days. I called though the day it arrived in the trucking facility to schedule the delivery so there were no extra delays. Still in my garage but I have people coming to put it on the stand for me soon. 350 pounds

Did you order the 170 yet?

I went with a 100 INT for space reasons. Just got notified that it’s in the warehouse, so I assume it’ll be here in mid-December. I’ve procured all of fhe equipment. Planning to setup everything but the tank in December. Then drop the tank in and fill it up in early January.

Mine is about 300+ lbs. I can do a couple deadlifts in the mid 350, so unsure if 2 guys could move it in or if I’ll need more help. I may just see if I can get some guys from the LFS to help move and do the first time fill

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with a 100 INT for space reasons. Just got notified that it’s in the warehouse, so I assume it’ll be here in mid-December. I’ve procured all of fhe equipment. Planning to setup everything but the tank in December. Then drop the tank in and fill it up in early January.

Mine is about 300+ lbs. I can do a couple deadlifts in the mid 350, so unsure if 2 guys could move it in or if I’ll need more help. I may just see if I can get some guys from the LFS to help move and do the first time fill
Once they knew my tank weight, they assigned 3 guys to lift it. They will bring suction lifts too. You might want to get loctite for the stand screws. They seem like they should be more snug. I also chose to plastic line the bottom to make it a tray to hold some water since the bottom shelf is slightly short. Had white ice rink liner and used white electrical tape to blend it all together. Would have liked to order the TBS rock with their 15% off sale but it will be cutting it close and not sure I would have the tank ready for it in time. I think it took them 2 days to inspect the tank when they got it into the warehouse then asked if I was ready for it. So you could delay it if you weren’t ready. Plus the shipping company needs to set up a delivery date when it gets to your area.

Btw what are you doing to mount the light? Radians arms?

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once they knew my tank weight, they assigned 3 guys to lift it. They will bring suction lifts too. You might want to get loctite for the stand screws. They seem like they should be more snug. I also chose to plastic line the bottom to make it a tray to hold some water since the bottom shelf is slightly short. Had white ice rink liner and used white electrical tape to blend it all together. Would have liked to order the TBS rock with their 15% off sale but it will be cutting it close and not sure I would have the tank ready for it in time. I think it took them 2 days to inspect the tank when they got it into the warehouse then asked if I was ready for it. So you could delay it if you weren’t ready. Plus the shipping company needs to set up a delivery date when it gets to your area.

Btw what are you doing to mount the light? Radians arms?

Good stuff. You could throw the TBS rock in a Tashcan and a heater/pump for a week or so if needed. I am getting majority dry rock to start and that is how I am going to seed it (actually this weekend). Then add a little TBS rock once it’s up and running .

I got 2x XR30 blues g6s to start with. I think that will be adequate for a mixed reef. If I’d more sps I would probably need a 3rd or a 15

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff. You could throw the TBS rock in a Tashcan and a heater/pump for a week or so if needed. I am getting majority dry rock to start and that is how I am going to seed it (actually this weekend). Then add a little TBS rock once it’s up and running .

I got 2x XR30 blues g6s to start with. I think that will be adequate for a mixed reef. If I’d more sps I would probably need a 3rd or a 15
I picked up the Bashsea skimmer, waste cylinder and ATO reservoir to match. Should have done their sump too for a roller fleece. It’s all a learning process

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up the Bashsea skimmer, waste cylinder and ATO reservoir to match. Should have done their sump too for a roller fleece. It’s all a learning process

I didn’t see any, but does the stand have leveling feet? If no, did you skim yours or do anything to level?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back