OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need the ReefRun Dual DC Pump Controller to integrate into ReefBeat and actually control the Pump/SKimmer? Or do they do it independently?

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea gyres are made by Maxspect, but they're actually better constructed (they have a break in the cord so you don't have to completely unravel it back to the controller). I run a pair of ReefWave 45s on my Red Sea 750XXL.

IM makes a nice 15-gallon Hydrofil external RO reservoir that will last you 1.5-2 weeks (this is what I also use). The IM Helio heaters are the best (most reliable, safest, etc.) heaters on the market right now - so if you want a plug-and-play heating system that won't fail you - get one of these (I also run the Helio).

I run Nyos skimmers because I also run ozone, but if I didn't I'd probably get the Red Sea DC 600 skimmer (quite a lot of features and the cleaning/auto levelling feature is pretty neat).

A ReefMat 500 is a must if you hate washing filter socks (I did) or if you plan on any extended vactions.

Just hearing what you are saying (and sort of convinced myself of same thing last night), the simplest option may be:

• 350 Max Setup
  • Buy at external reservoir + second ATO (ATO for the ATO)
  • Keep ReefLEDs, but just add an existing AI Prime or AI Hydra 32 to the center for increased PAR for SPS
I am assuming the lighting then would be more than adequate for SPS if i wanted, and then comes with all of the other integrated RedSea stuff - no controller necessary (outside of maybe a couple of Kasa).

Would that be reasonable?

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I also plan on going the RedSea ReefBeat route with the skimmer, ATO, return pump, wave makers, dosing…but going a different route for the tank/stand mainly because I can get more size for the dollar but I have heard good things about their new models…would probably opt out of the Max versions though mainly because I would spend light money elsewhere

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hearing what you are saying (and sort of convinced myself of same thing last night), the simplest option may be:
  • 350 Max Setup
  • Buy at external reservoir + second ATO (ATO for the ATO)
  • Keep ReefLEDs, but just add an existing AI Prime or AI Hydra 32 to the center for increased PAR for SPS
I am assuming the lighting then would be more than adequate for SPS if i wanted, and then comes with all of the other integrated RedSea stuff - no controller necessary (outside of maybe a couple of Kasa).

Would that be reasonable?
You don't necessarily need anything fancy for the reservoir (the Hydrofill is nice from an aesthetic standpoint). You can run the ReefLEDs - but I have a friend with a 350 who runs several Hydra 32s on his (he's adding some Quanta Pro light bars to augment them).

A pair of ReefLEDs will be more than enough for a mixed reef (including SPS).

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I don’t like is the fact that, from what I can tell, there is no way to fit a fleece roller into their sumps the way they have the chambers laid out so socks is the only option. They have some of the largest sumps on the market, and overall were a selling point for me until I realized the first chamber isn’t big enough to accommodate a roller.

I am also considering a Waterbox at this point as well but not sure if it’s a deal breaker or not.
I heard from IM that Klir Di-4 fits. But don't know that personally.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM 112 is on the truck. 2 months to build and ship. not the 4-6 on site which is good news. Keep us posted with what you do. I'll be setting up mine soon as I collect equipment now. Not sure about how to mount light with a Eurobrace and screen. Do people clamp it to the EXT overflow? hoping to acquire some deals on extras Black Friday.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My IM 112 is on the truck. 2 months to build and ship. not the 4-6 on site which is good news. Keep us posted with what you do. I'll be setting up mine soon as I collect equipment now. Not sure about how to mount light with a Eurobrace and screen. Do people clamp it to the EXT overflow? hoping to acquire some deals on extras Black Friday.

Seems like the theme with Waterbox as well.
Red Sea makes one for nano's that might fit too (reefmat250) but only rated to 65 gallons.
Possibly. I think the Kline is probably more efficient.

While I don’t do a ton of travel, I do like the idea of having a system handle the filter socks for me. I think the IM is probably the best built system, I am leaning toward RS or waterbox for the Roller.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the theme with Waterbox as well.

Possibly. I think the Kline is probably more efficient.

While I don’t do a ton of travel, I do like the idea of having a system handle the filter socks for me. I think the IM is probably the best built system, I am leaning toward RS or waterbox for the Roller.
you'll probably have to modify the plumbing. When I talked to IM, the only thing they said people have done was the Klir. Was trying to figure out what would fit for a skimmer too. They just got the ATO reservoirs in if you wanted to match. It's nice for an outside of stand tank but would like to see if I can fit it in the stand before ordering. Thinking the IM15 or the Bashsea 10. The drawer in the IM seems that it makes it too big.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going back and forth about 80 times (still have 20 more left), here is what I am thinking:

• NUVO 100
  • Mightjet XL Pump (comes with tank)
  • 2x Hydra 32s to start. could add some 16's later for more coverage (I have a spare sitting around)
  • Nylos 160 or Red Sea 300 Skimmer
  • 2x Icecap Gyres
  • Klir 4 Rollermat
  • 350 Helio Smart Heater
  • Aqua UV 25 Watt UV Sterilizer
  • ChaetoMax Light (transfer from existing tank)
  • Hydros Controller + ATO + Other sensors
Does this sounds reasonable? This is roughly the same equipment $ as the Red Sea Equivalent, with about 40G more capacity. I would have loved to get the RedSea Skimmer + Pump combo - but the tank comes with an existing pump so for now I might keep this configuration.

Last edited:

Regg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the IM170 really solid tank i wanted eurobraced i use the radion mount without the clamps fits perfect. Checkout my my youtube ReefingwithReggie

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the IM170 really solid tank i wanted eurobraced i use the radion mount without the clamps fits perfect. Checkout my my youtube ReefingwithReggie
reggie, can you share a pic of your radion mount on your euro? I didn't see it in your you tube. BTW..Sorry about your stand re-order. Mines on the truck so hoping it fairs OK.

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still interested in WB, it looks like they are announcing their BlueFriday sales this evening. Im thinking of picking up a 110.4.

OP
OP
crabgrass

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still interested in WB, it looks like they are announcing their BlueFriday sales this evening. Im thinking of picking up a 110.4.

Indecision #81 now, lol. if they drop price by 10%, its about the same as the Red Sea All inprice (with 60g more capacity), and a little more than IM configured above (but can get a RS roller, pump, skimmer, etc.). Seems like it could be a good option.

G150Driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indecision #81 now, lol. if they drop price by 10%, its about the same as the Red Sea All inprice (with 60g more capacity), and a little more than IM configured above (but can get a RS roller, pump, skimmer, etc.). Seems like it could be a good option.
I poked around the safe parts of the internet. Looks like 15%+ discounts are possible.

Regg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go
reggie, can you share a pic of your radion mount on your euro? I didn't see it in your you tube. BTW..Sorry about your stand re-order. Mines on the truck so hoping it fairs OK.

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 26

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back