IM NUVO 20 Peninsula Stand Question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Todd31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant seem to catch a break with this stand. Ordered it 2 weeks ago and received the wrong IM stand. BRS shipped out a new one right away, and I got it this week. Put it together last night, and it just doesnt seem right to me. The main A/B side panels seemed slightly warped. After I put it together the stand didnt sit flush on the floor... a bit of a rock back and forth if you touched it. Thought maybe some weight would even things out so i put the tank on the stand with water. Does my picture look right to you? The edges of tank aren't making contact with the corners of the A/B main piece.

I'm feeling a but worried. Thoughts?

20180907_213919.jpg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW i have the older style stand for the regular 20. I bought the tank and stand used and i didnt notice that one corner was expanding due to moiture damage. Totally different situation than yours but hear me out. I went and got 3/4 inch hard foam and carved it out so it sat level on the stand then put a piece of the aquarium foam ontop and then the tank ontop of that. I was able to get the tank sitting flush and level but some of my corners still appeared to look like yours do. After reading around on the internet i decided to give it a go. The tanks been fine for going on 5 months now with no issues. The foam has settled in and the gaps at the corners have decreased. I still check the level of the tank here and there and its still level. So i have come to the conclusion that the corners are not bearing all that much weight. That being said, im very careful around my tank and it just soo happens to be in my basement where there is drains on the floor... but all in all the tank seems to be holding up fine. I am in no way suggesting you put foam board on your brand new stand or anything like that. Im just saying i had to make due with mine and the tank has held up great with no issues. Does that mean everyone is built like a tank and can hold up? I dont know. Im just letting you know that my corner has looked similar to yours for months and its fine. Who knows though, i could have a major problem at some point... just thought i would share this with you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back