IM Nuvo discussion thread.

macnets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone run t5s on their nuvo 20? Wondering if 4 bulb 24” would be too much light..

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the IM reactor does anyone using a different brand reactor that fits on the chamber?
Thanks!

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone run t5s on their nuvo 20? Wondering if 4 bulb 24” would be too much light..
I use a dimmable 24” ATI Sunpower on my Fusion 20. At 100% intensity and near the top of the tank the PAR is over 500, which is plenty for SPS. You can get PAR levels appropriate for any type of coral with the dimmable fixture though.

macnets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a dimmable 24” ATI Sunpower on my Fusion 20. At 100% intensity and near the top of the tank the PAR is over 500, which is plenty for SPS. You can get PAR levels appropriate for any type of coral with the dimmable fixture though.

Awesome, the fixture I’m looking at doesn’t dim but I could try lower par bulbs. What bulb color combo do u use

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the BRS reactor fits on one of the chamber? Thanks!
Nope! I just put it on the wall. I had the IM desktop on and it BARELY worked. As soon as I hooked up my BRS one it has done wonders! I would totally recommend it as well as getting a chaeto reactor if your having export issues.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing with some ideas till tank comes Tuesday. Ordered hydra 52hd to light er up. IM25 Lagoon will be lit

B53AC33A-430D-4157-AA9E-D6B18A7E8CF8.jpeg
1D87B7E3-88BE-4C22-A9C8-7388DF428489.jpeg

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone made a refugium in the back of the IM lagoons? They seen to have allot of room in the back and sell the cheatomaxx light to attach to the rear. Seems like a perfect fit for keeping pipefish or mandrins.

I'd like to hear some first hand experience with growing macros in the back and how the copepod population fairs in the back.

tehSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone made a refugium in the back of the IM lagoons? They seen to have allot of room in the back and sell the cheatomaxx light to attach to the rear. Seems like a perfect fit for keeping pipefish or mandrins.

I'd like to hear some first hand experience with growing macros in the back and how the copepod population fairs in the back.

From my understanding some haven't had the best luck with this. To get the light to work, you have to peel back part of the black coating to reveal the back area. Also the area is pretty tight so you can't keep much chateo. I want to say your best bet would be a chateo reactor if you are looking to keep a refugium.

Twolabs443

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a fuge setup in the back left chambers of both of my IM tanks. I find that it works great on both tanks in in my opinion. I use the Cheatomaxx on the Lagoon 50, just cut out a section of the vinyl backing. For the Micro 30 I actually got a cheap hydroponic LED light from Home Depot. That thing grows cheato like a champ, I probably pull a softball or bigger sized dense clump out every week or so. Of course it would be great to have more space, but I seem to have tons of pods reproducing in both tanks. I don’t know if it would support a mandarin or pipefish though as I don’t have either.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how she stands now.
Light- Hydra 52 HD with mount
Skimmer: IM Ghost Desktop
Reactor- IM Desktop Reactor
2 Intank Media Baskets
Return: Jebao dc2000
PowerHead: MP10 QD
Heater: Cobalt Neotherm 100W
Lid- From Octoaquatics on order
Thats about it for now. Lets see how it goes

DDDF2120-196E-4C12-8A98-EB22BFD3EA89.jpeg

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ran the aquatics life hybrid on their Nuvo 40? Second question anyone using the gyre 1k

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at setting up a Nuvo 40g and have a couple quuestions.

Anyone use HOB skimmers and refugiums?

Would a AP700 be overkill on the tank?

Anyone do autowater changes instead of, or in conjuction with, dosing?

I've got MP10's but am kind of leaning towards the gyre 1k for flow... Any thoughts?

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at setting up a Nuvo 40g and have a couple quuestions.

Anyone use HOB skimmers and refugiums?

Would a AP700 be overkill on the tank?

Anyone do autowater changes instead of, or in conjuction with, dosing?

I've got MP10's but am kind of leaning towards the gyre 1k for flow... Any thoughts?

I have my whole build thread under my signature.
I use the Aquamaxx HOB-1 its super good, kinda over kill but super sweet!
I wouldn't use an HOB refugium since it will add extra heat. Get a small chaeto reactor and hang it on the back. I also use a BRS Reactor for GFO and Carbon.
AP700 is expensive but can always be turned down. The Kessil 360we is another good choice.
Autowater changes are not super easy if you have no refugium. But, I have never tried them on my Nuvo.
I am in the same boat as you. I have the MP10 and want to get the gyre 1k so I will let you know if I beat you to it.

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my whole build thread under my signature.
I use the Aquamaxx HOB-1 its super good, kinda over kill but super sweet!
I wouldn't use an HOB refugium since it will add extra heat. Get a small chaeto reactor and hang it on the back. I also use a BRS Reactor for GFO and Carbon.
AP700 is expensive but can always be turned down. The Kessil 360we is another good choice.
Autowater changes are not super easy if you have no refugium. But, I have never tried them on my Nuvo.
I am in the same boat as you. I have the MP10 and want to get the gyre 1k so I will let you know if I beat you to it.
Thanks, I just read through your thread. Good info in there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back