Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you Rev. :)

This Sarmentosa spent 3 days in transit, I was sure it was going to be DOA. It did loose a lot of coloration but over all it's making a fantastic come back. One of my favorite acros.
imsarjan9.jpg

I am in love with the smooth skin Acropora. I had to reduce the photoperiod because both were getting a little pale. Since reduction in lighting both have shown noticeable improvement in coloration. Began feeding sm. of reefroids every night, the corals really seemed to respond well.
imreddragonandhawkins.jpg

The ATI T5 4 bulb fixture is more than sufficient. Going to trade out one bulb for a CoralPlus or Blue bulb.

The only thing negative with this tank is the brand of socks they use for the overflows, the socks are cumbersome to clean.

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 I bought 4 socks just so I don't have to clean them as often. I hate cleaning the socks that come with the nuvos!

So what is the update with people adding sumps to these builds!

Also I want to upgrade my lights to something better than my Sbreef's. SB's are incredible lights for the price but they have a burn spot dead center of the light where I can't even grow acroporas its so high par. I was thinking of either going XR30 pro Gen 3 or XR15 pro Gen 4. Any opinions?

datBme150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 I bought 4 socks just so I don't have to clean them as often. I hate cleaning the socks that come with the nuvos!

Also I want to upgrade my lights to something better than my Sbreef's. SB's are incredible lights for the price but they have a burn spot dead center of the light where I can't even grow acroporas its so high par. I was thinking of either going XR30 pro Gen 3 or XR15 pro Gen 4. Any opinions?
Any good recommendations for a media reactor that sits in the back compartment? I have an Nuvo 40 cube. The reactor from IM sucks.

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good recommendations for a media reactor that sits in the back compartment? I have an Nuvo 40 cube. The reactor from IM sucks.
I have the BRS reactor for Carbon and GFO. I will be making a chateo reactor for nitrates as well since the IM one blows!

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL yeah did not even occur to me until a couple weeks ago I could buy more socks. Rocket scientist here.:rolleyes:
How do you clean yours?

Not even thinking of adding a sump so I am no help in that department. I would however love to have algae reactor.

Well if you have the money than Gen 4. I miss the blue and shimmer with LED's. :( But I love the growth with the T5, no messing around.

What about the:
https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMax...te_Reactors-AquaMaxx-UJ45091-FIFRISPR-vi.html

Chuck Lawson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of socks, I've got an IM SR80, and the sound of water splashing into the filter socks from the display is annoyingly loud, even with the back section filled to maximum operating levels (ie: just shy of overflowing the baffles in the various sections). Has anyone figured out any good tricks to quiet this a bit?

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after adding a bigger Acro colony, and all the new growth to the frags I noticed a slight decrease in polyp extension so despite a 1 to 2 gallon water change 3 times a week alk was not maintained at 7 dkh, and unfortunately the 2 part dosing is again part of my life. ;Shifty As soon as I got it back to 7 the pe returned. Calcium reactor in the next couple months I guess. Live and learn, again and again....

Good news is that I am receiving the Palmers Blue Milli that I have been coveting for roughly 5 years (BoomCorals had it) a Forest Fire Digitata and a Boom Berry on Tuesday and I am done, no more room. :rolleyes:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back