I was feeding the clowns this morning and thought one looked a little pale. I noticed the air hose in the QT tank had come out of the water overnight. Not sure how my clamp had come undone but it’s a good reminder to double check things.
I’ll be gone for the next 3 days being a consular at my sons summer church camp. Setting my wife up to cover top off and feeding as easily as I can while I’m gone with individual bags of food and jugs for each day.
I had a great time last week at my sons summer camp but we had a small scare Thursday night with the clowns. I did the final tank transfer Monday morning and left them in QT because I wanted to move them to the DT when I got back Friday so I could watch them.
Thursday night my wife called saying that the female clown was laying on her side. She did an ammonia test and it looked like it was at 0.5-1 ppm. I talked her through a 1/3 water change in the QT and had her turn the air pump up because I think the hose might have come out of the water during the day. She text an hour later the female was doing better. I returned home the next morning and she looked better but still not great. I moved both clowns to the DT and she recovered quickly.
No updates since I’ve been spending all my spare time trying to finish putting in my fence. I’m 97% done with the fence and had a few minutes to look over the tank. I haven’t seen any major growth recently but my Cyphastrea is doing well with a lot of new baby polyps.
Thursday the plumber comes to install a line for in ground yard irrigation. I’m also having him run a line for my RODI unit since I currently don’t have a hookup in the basement.
Yesterday I got a spigot installed in my basement so I can hook up the RO unit. I built a stand for the brutes and tested the first can. I still need to finish a few things but this will already make things easier.