I got a few additional push connectors to run RODI lines to both brutes. I added shut offs valves to each line and float switches in each brute. I’ll eventually add one more line so I can flush the unit to the drain.
@hart24601 pointed out that I should add a tray on top of the wood for spills. I’ll probably get around to that this fall.
I also want to cut a door in the top of the brute lid that has saltwater. I keep a heater and pump which causes condensation on the lid and leaks all over the place when I open it to add salt and test levels.
Sunday I did a WC (5g 12.5%), swapped out filter socks, replaced carbon/GFO and cleaned the skimmer and glass.
Today I got my calibration fluid after remembering lost the last one years ago. Calibrated my refractometer and my tank was about 1.029sg. I topped off the water and replaced 1g with fresh. It’s now at 1.028sg. I’ll drop it more with the next WC.
DKH drops on random days. It’s consistently 6.9-7 and then about every third day it will drop to 6.7.
This Royal Gramma is finally coming out from the back. A little less shy everyday.
I really enjoy going back through photos to see growth. Some of the best advice I got was to take photos because it’s not always easy to see progress when you stare at it everyday. It’s really rewarding.
I got a free montipora frag but the bag fell from my table and the coral shattered so I ordered plugs and a frag rack. Now I have 7.