im nuvo fusion 25 lagoon lighting

TrevTrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, im trying to set up my lagoon and i cant decide on what light i really like the ai primes for their control-ability but on this 24x20 tank im not sure it will be enough ive thought about the hydra 26 but the price tag hurts any suggestions on a light preferably under 250. id spend more if i found something with the ai controlability and the kessil shimmer thats the dream. thanks in advance guys

michael_cb_125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are aiming at a mixed reef a single prime will suffice, but your light loving sps will need to be dead center under the light.
Two will work great for that tank.

I am currently using the maxspect ethereal, and I love it. Great shimmer and very good coverage, a single would be great over your tank. App is nice and has performed flawless for me so far. But they are pricy.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Prime. Mine hangs 12" above my Lagoon 25 mixed reef and spread is very good. If you are going to be SPS dominate 2 x Prime HDs would be ideal.

jtietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, im trying to set up my lagoon and i cant decide on what light i really like the ai primes for their control-ability but on this 24x20 tank im not sure it will be enough ive thought about the hydra 26 but the price tag hurts any suggestions on a light preferably under 250. id spend more if i found something with the ai controlability and the kessil shimmer thats the dream. thanks in advance guys
Here is my build, hope this helps. I run a hybrid lighting system

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=329754&share_fid=1020&share_type=t

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be setting up the same tank after Black Friday...I did tons of research on this.
1 AI prime will work like everyone saying put SPS right under light.

other options are marine orbit PRO
reefbreeder 16" V2+

seems like tons of ppl have great tanks with the AI prie HD so that is what I am going with. start with one and if you decide to go all SPS then add another down the road.

OP
OP
T

TrevTrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be setting up the same tank after Black Friday...I did tons of research on this.
1 AI prime will work like everyone saying put SPS right under light.

other options are marine orbit PRO
reefbreeder 16" V2+

seems like tons of ppl have great tanks with the AI prie HD so that is what I am going with. start with one and if you decide to go all SPS then add another down the road.
thank you very much

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back