IM15 and MP10

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Hygger too but think I need more flow
I mean the return pump and a 2600gph wavemaker should be plenty for a 15g tank that's not filled with 15g of water after rock and filtration. I personally just don't think the price of a mp10 is worth it for a tank that size unless your dead set on growing really expensive SPS or something.

ShaunMc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Jebao DCW1500 for return. It is a bigger than the mighty jet, less power, more flow. BUT, I only run it currently at about 50%. Nano Dual 1/4” RFG Nozzle. I had the stock pump and spin stream. Both were “loud”.
If I max the Jebao DCW1500, the overflow barely keeps up. It will not with the little high tide riser. It will spill over the emergency overflow. You can run pump about 50-60% with the riser also about 50%. Lastly, with the pump on 2, it’s about the same flow as the stock pump. Also I’m just using the stock tuning which went inside not outside the outlet. So that is also throttling it. More than enough pump. And quiet.

I also have the hygger 1600 mini wave. Tank isn’t stocked w/ anything yet. Cycled. This is just running on random setting for now.

Anyway, those two pumps currently $105.98 on Amazon.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a MP10 too big for IM15 cube?
Did you end up putting a MP10 on your cube and if so how did it work out?
I bought a used MP10 because I couldn’t pass it up for the price and I am considering putting it on my IM15 cube because it’s probably too small for my other tanks.

soreefed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got the IM15 i was thinking of changing pump out for the upgraded on the IM website.
Just get the mighty jet from IM. The stock return pump on im15 isn’t very powerful. I have a IM15 planted tank with stock return pump. I also have a im20 with the mighty jet 326gph, a hygger mini, and a sicce voyager nano wave maker.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back