OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ED8EB21B-4FA5-430B-BFC4-14B03A93C68C.jpeg

Update with pics. Battling some algae but the corals are looking great!
E6046F0F-4D9E-4CBE-B36B-659171E489A9.jpeg
E6046F0F-4D9E-4CBE-B36B-659171E489A9.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So far, my only inhabitants are a random snail and starfish. I intend to get a CUC to remove the algae and anything to treat my aiptasia. After hearing that peppermint shrimp eat corals, I'm afraid to purchase one. I was considering purchasing CUC from Reef Cleaners. Following that, I intend to purchase two snowflake clowns, which I hope to pair.

I was planning on starting a new construction thread for an IM 10. I intend to take down the UNS 2.5. I began when I created this thread.

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to share with you my recent endeavor in the world of aquarium keeping. As an enthusiast, I have been making some upgrades to my system and recently acquired a new stand that is specifically designed to accommodate a 15x15 tank.

In light of this development, I have decided to relocate my aquarium to this new spot, which I plan to do in a week's time. However, before moving the tank, I am being cautious and allowing some time for my recent dosing of reefflux to take full effect. Once that has run its course, I will perform a 50% water change and move the tank to its new location.

As for the current inhabitants of my tank, I am excited to introduce a few new additions. They include a Misbar Darwin Clown, a regular Degular Clown, a Tail Spot Blenny, one Peppermint Shrimp, and a Red Bubble Tip Anemone (RBTA). I am eagerly observing their behavior and interactions with one another, and look forward to the continued growth and development of my aquatic ecosystem.

Thank you for reading, and I would love to hear any feedback or insights that you may have on my current setup!

PS currently fighting byropsis algae and I know I still haven’t put the cabinet door on the stand lol.

18C00AD4-FBCD-4AC1-8D49-535D0888CF53.jpeg 6867A207-7B1F-4ADF-8F73-21C92117AC74.jpeg

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey fellow reef enthusiasts!

I wanted to share some exciting updates on my Innovative Marine 15 setup that has been running since December . Over the past few months, I've made some additions and changes, and things have been going great! I have around 20 different frags in my tank, including a range of SPS, LPS, and softies. It's been a colorful and diverse underwater world!

Recently, I introduced two rock flower anemones, a Misbar Darwin clown, a tail spot blenny, an emerald crab, and a peppermint shrimp. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spot the peppermint shrimp since adding it, but I'm still dealing with some persistent aiptasia that had worsened after using F-aiptasia. However, I have some exciting plans to tackle the aiptasia issue.

Tomorrow, I have 13 berghia nudibranchs arriving, and I'm planning to introduce six of them to my tank while setting up a separate tank for breeding the rest. Berghia nudibranchs are known for their voracious appetite for aiptasia, so I'm hopeful that they will help me regain control over the situation. I'll be sure to share updates on their progress and how well they fare in addressing the aiptasia problem.

In terms of equipment, I made a switch in lighting from the K7 Pro Mini to the Kessil A360WE, and it has been a fantastic decision. The viewing experience is more aesthetically pleasing, and the corals have responded positively to the new lighting setup. It's always great when you see your tank thriving and the inhabitants enjoying their environment.

I wanted to express my gratitude to this amazing community for the knowledge and support I've received throughout my journey. Your guidance and encouragement have been invaluable, and it's wonderful to be part of such a passionate and friendly group.

Attached are some updated photos of my tank, showcasing the progress and beauty within. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Keep reefing and stay curious!

L
IMG_1535.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Best regards,
FAPMAN

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_1702.jpeg
IMG_1701.jpeg

I’ve been noticing the aiptasia slowly going away but this may take a couple months. This berghia has grown huge since I introduced them/

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick update about what's been happening in our tank lately – it's been quite a ride! You might remember my battle against those pesky nuisance anemones, and guess what? The Berghia nudibranchs we introduced seem to be doing their job in style.

It's been a few months since we welcomed these cool critters into our tank, and the results are starting to show. The tank's looking better overall, and I can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment as I watch things change for the better.

Now, the most exciting part: those tiny Berghias have been hanging out together under the magninet glass cleaner. It's like a little Berghia party! This tells me that they've started getting cozy and might be starting a nudibranch family right under our noses. And let me tell you, spotting the bigger ones even during the day is like watching a tiny miracle unfold.

I'm no expert, but I think we're on the right track. I'm estimating that in about 2-3 months, we might be seeing even more improvements as this whole nudibranch community grows. It's a lesson in patience for sure, because nature's got its own timetable, and we're just here to witness the show.

I'm all ears if anyone's got some nudibranch insights to share or stories from similar tank adventures. It's always cool to learn from each other and pick up tips that might help us navigate this watery world a bit better.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1794.jpeg

reinforcements loading…

Those are berghia eggs
When can I stop by to pick some up? I had an incredibly bad aiptasia problem, especially in my sand bed, about 2 years ago. I tried peppermint shrimp and berghias and neither did anything. The berghias I received were very small and I'm pretty sure they became wrasse food. I finally solved the problem for the most part with a Biota aiptasia eating filefish. It took out all of the ones in the sand and I think it still keeps the smaller ones at bay. It will not go after the large ones though so there are still 5-6 (that I know of) big ones that just sit there mocking me. If you have big enough berghias I'd love to buy a couple when your population gets big enough.

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When can I stop by to pick some up? I had an incredibly bad aiptasia problem, especially in my sand bed, about 2 years ago. I tried peppermint shrimp and berghias and neither did anything. The berghias I received were very small and I'm pretty sure they became wrasse food. I finally solved the problem for the most part with a Biota aiptasia eating filefish. It took out all of the ones in the sand and I think it still keeps the smaller ones at bay. It will not go after the large ones though so there are still 5-6 (that I know of) big ones that just sit there mocking me. If you have big enough berghias I'd love to buy a couple when your population gets big enough.
Hey once I get control of my aiptasia problem, I can definitely give you some! I’m in PNW also!

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the berghia have reproduced in all of my nano tanks and I can visually see the babies crawling around even during the day.

I wonder how much will end up showing up. I’ve found about 5-6 different egg spirals in my tanks.
IMG_1862.jpeg
IMG_1858.jpeg
IMG_1849.jpeg
IMG_1857.jpeg

OP
OP
Fapman

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey do you still need berghia? I can give you some

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you still need berghia? I can give you some
I could probably use some. The biggest ones in my tank may have been run over by my out of control bta’s but there’s gotta be more that I can’t see. I’ll shoot you a pm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back