Im15 cube return fire ting upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter nibes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nibes

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2023
Messages
49
Reaction score
65
Location
san diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: I’m not sure what a “fire ting” is but it was meant to say fitting, my apologies.

I have a innovative marine 15 cube, and the return line that comes from the sump of the AIO has a friction fit spout. This comes loose far too often. I would like to upgrade it to a lock line type fitting but I believe the 1/2 inch threaded is too large for the opening that innovative marine has the friction fitting going through. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Is there a smaller lock line fitting that would work?
 
I’m not sure there is.. can you post a picture of the problem? I’m sure there’s an easy fix such as a plastic clamp etc.
 
You need the "IM drop adapter" from Vivid Creative Aquatics. It slips on the little clear collar that goes through the back wall on the IM tanks and adapts to 1/2" Locline. I know the IM 10 uses the 16mm and, AFAIK, all other IM tanks use the 19mm. I've never looked at the 15g, so measure to be sure.

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/shop/19mm-to-12in-rfg-slip-fit-drop-adapter/
If you decide to go with a Random Flow Generator while you're there, I'd suggest getting the 1/2" to 1/4" Locline adapter and a 1/4" RFG. It better fits the flowrate of pumps typically used in the 10-20g AiOs, and takes up a lot less room in the tank than the 1/2" RFGs do.
 
20260326_191202_3FB138FC-DDEB-46D8-B4C9-F081A7BCC995.png
So this is the fitting that comes with the innovative marine 15 cube I think I’ll give the vca adaptor a try unless there’s a 19 mm with a threaded elbow that would replace the slip fit to a more secure lock line
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new