IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA
Here goes my long story.
I downloaded the new GCC version on my new laptop. I upgraded the firmware without backing up my files. I know big mistake. After the update everything was set to factory settings. I thought ok ill just start from scratch no biggie. Well i had issues with the wifi so i went on and found the directions for resetting the wifi chip and followed them to a T. After that i tried following the directions to set up a new p4 via app. When i power off the p4 and then power on and select next to connect via access mode i keep getting a cannot connect error. Alright fine ill do it in GCC. My GCC wont connect either. When i plug in the usb cable i get a note from my laptop that says the driver install malfunctioned. So i go in and delete the driver from my pc and reinsert the usb. It downloads and all seems to be good but i still cannot connect in gcc or if i try doing the wifi reset again. My computer will tell me about 5 minutes later that the usb driver malfunctioned and it tells me its on my devices end.

Long stotry short i cannot connect to this thing at all now in gcc, the app, or using the wifi tool. If i use the wifi tool it tells me the port is in use already but its not.

Please help

Rrb1399

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my app or web application I have to either be on wifi for the app connected to the hotspot . And if I use the browser based app I can be on my main network wifi . And for me it won’t connect any other way . So I just created a shortcut to the web on my desktop/Home Screen

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the wifi if my home and can't do anything. If I connect to the hot spot of the p4 which it will let me and then u try to set it to that way I still can't do anything. I still get a connection error in the app even when connected to the Hotspot. Hopefully easy fix but I feel like I'll have to send it in

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will set one another thing. When the wifi reset didn't with the first time it days to go in a clear it the fields with the internet info and to save. I did that as well on both sides. The Hotspot name I have it and my own wifi

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone posted here also about the USB driver and latest windows 10, by chance are you trying to do this with the beta software?

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone posted here also about the USB driver and latest windows 10, by chance are you trying to do this with the beta software?

Yes it was the beta gcc

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanted to let everyone know that all is well. I had to get on another pc and download the non beta gcc version, hook up via usb, and then install that firmware and now everything works. even on my new laptop running the newest windows 10. Looks to be an issue with the beta and windows 10 @Vinny@GHLUSA

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back