In a bit of a pickle......

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mean even if you're living in an old house you could probably have a foundation that settled in and you've got an unlevel foundation

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap that was supposed to say old house with a concrete foundation

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The partner and I are in concurrence that you should drain the tank some though because it would get very messy should something happen plus it will make it easier to get the shims underneath it.

OP
OP
ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I or should I relocate my coral and breakdown to a holding tank, or would it be ok out of water for a short moment? I can use a 700gph little giant pump I have lying around to expedite the drain and fill.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I or should I relocate my coral and breakdown to a holding tank, or would it be ok out of water for a short moment? I can use a 700gph little giant pump I have lying around to expedite the drain and fill.

Some of the corals can live outside of water for short periods of time you see it on the natural reefs when the tide goes out however since we are keeping them in captivity and they're not as strong sometimes as they are in the ocean structurally I would still relocate them to a holding tank and drain your tank if not completely at least to a level where it's manageable to move.

Being perfectly honest since you're in a second-floor apartment most of those structures have weight limits and to me I would try to move it the least amount as possible even though I was just informed that it's OK probably for the weight limit unless you're living in 150-year-old apartment

OP
OP
ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5349.JPG

I no longer run the purigen bag in it as it trapped too much junk and I battled low nutrients here recently. But yeah, a gravel vac tube cut with filter floss and sponge at bottom and top to hold in place that my overflow runs into. :D

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5349.JPG

I no longer run the purigen bag in it as it trapped too much junk and I battled low nutrients here recently. But yeah, a gravel vac tube cut with filter floss and sponge at bottom and top to hold in place that my overflow runs into. :D

Dude party! Ain't nothing wrong with the Jenkee Hoopdeee!

OP
OP
ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the water level itself aggravating you were something or are you worried about the tank tipping over?
I'm fine with water level. I can asjust the lid to give the appearance of level so that's not a problem. Been that way a long while. Just with a kid in house and being rambunctious a tip over is my concern.
I was concerned before I brought it in the apartment, but being in the same field, I spoke with the supervisor here and we both assessed best placement and was given the go ahead. He's well in tune with the build structure here and said it would be fine.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with water level. I can asjust the lid to give the appearance of level so that's not a problem. Been that way a long while. Just with a kid in house and being rambunctious a tip over is my concern.
I was concerned before I brought it in the apartment, but being in the same field, I spoke with the supervisor here and we both assessed best placement and was given the go ahead. He's well in tune with the build structure here and said it would be fine.

OK bro just checking. Does the floor flex over there when you walk in front of it do you see the water move when you walk by the tank?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless I put a heavy bounce on the ground (weigh about 190-200 myself) I can walk and work with no flex. If I bounce I can see a little sway.

I really don't think you need to worry about it. The only thing that would disturb me it is if they got back there and physically pull the tank forward.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you could also set up a makeshift gate around the tank. I'm kind of giggling because I'm imagining you hanging red velvet ropes! [emoji13]

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back