In a newly cycled tank how long can I go before fish need to be added

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the method I use for cycling had any fails for 24 years I'd change. I ask for the links to show fails, if I don't get those links there's nothing to change. we don't make procedural changes when yelling from the stands is the sole motivator, we make changes based on logged outcome results pattern.

and those say: hold course.

I never said not to test ammonia in a quarantine setting

all my statements are about marine reef tank displays, copious surface area setups, and I believe my statements about timing can be audited with a seneye, I'm here to account for timelines given.

why do we need testless cycling? how well has API-based cycling been working?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another thing I've noticed

critique on my grammar and arrangement runs high where the critics go

but in my work threads 1000 pages combined/not one single issue in communication coming or going

see that dichotomy? where the work is, and no trolls to interfere with actions advised, it's peace for a decade and thankful reefers logged on file

No reef tank ever harmed by me is on file for 22 years running, I post under the same name on forums.

but were theory is the token, and work links are never traded but always one-sided, arguments and thread shut downs prevail.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also: notice they do this always in other people's threads, never theirs. trolls get other people's threads closed, not their own. they don't write their own threads is why, they must latch onto other people's content for flame fuel. They don't have discovery points they've made worth aligning into a new thread, because being in the stands always doesn't produce new reef discoveries.

I'm ignoring them, I'd never see what they write in order to bring down their thread, I wouldn't do that to them even if they weren't blocked but that's the mechanism I use to exclude anyone who practices old cycling science, they have nothing I want to see.

if I have nothing they want to see and they still subscribe/stalk/post then they must get some type of fueling from that sequence. anyone who doesn't like my posts: hit ignore.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ignoring them, I'd never see what they write in order to bring down their thread, I wouldn't do that to them even if they weren't blocked but that's the mechanism I use to exclude anyone who practices old cycling science, they have nothing I want to see.

Just keep on keeping on and don't take the bait. People can disagree with your methods all they want but the proof is in the results. You post prolifically on cycling threads yet I don't see a trail of ruined hobbyists that took your advice and regret it.

"He doesn't do REAL science, or he writes too much, or he doesn't speak good English" is absolutely nonsense to me.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cell

read this, wow

the chat where I ask Dr. Reef if he ever tests for ammonia

So it seems other life forms do predictive ammonia control at home and for their GIANT fish business. @Garf I'm legit interested in your response block is off. You have now met two people who do a lot of logged reefing who do not test for ammonia, but predict it accurately. No testing, like you and Bean said was imprudent and risky and dangerous and only pH protected.

So, I'll be continuing on and saving that little link gem for the next 15 argument attempts when I'm helping someone and telling them to put the kit down.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that thread is getting input on page one as the second read in my testless cycling thread, I've got to go put Jay's disease forum as the first read

new cycling science focuses on fish disease preps, not ammonia, because ammonia is easily predictable in every setting I've been saying for years and doing all work on that basis.

it takes about 10 seconds to look at a build description and tell them when the cycle will be done (for it to take longer than the ammonia line on a cycle chart/10 days/ on any cycling chart some really backwards stuff has to be in play)

all the work for the new cycler is in the disease forum, thats hard and takes lots of time to study aseptic technique for fish tank purposes.

the reason we have to change the tide, the ruleset, is because old cycling science never includes disease preps as it's focus. false bacterial panic is the only thing old cycling science knows: painting risks that can't be linked.

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cell

read this, wow

the chat where I ask Dr. Reef if he ever tests for ammonia

So it seems other life forms do predictive ammonia control at home and for their GIANT fish business. @Garf I'm legit interested in your response block is off. You have now met two people who do a lot of logged reefing who do not test for ammonia, but predict it accurately. No testing, like you and Bean said was imprudent and risky and dangerous and only pH protected.

So, I'll be continuing on and saving that little link gem for the next 15 argument attempts when I'm helping someone and telling them to put the kit down.
He's using 5 times the prescribed dose of a bonefide fast live culture, what's your point? He is is not a new person to this. You perhaps should pay more attention.

Edit - forget all this pretend blocking, ignoring nonsense please, I find it tedious. I think at least some of us understand your reasons for pretending not to have received questions.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goes to show I can at least always find a thread for what I do as an example, I don't have to be asked fifty times.

in tradeoff, I'm dealing in someone's 2 clownfish loading, it's not all that hard to command the rates all my new work tanks need. You were trying to take away from the fact he runs his home, and business using predictive models, testing is a hindrance, that must sting to read because you've said its just not safe to conduct testless predictive reef tank cycling.

The truth is, all pet store owners do the same. They know what will crash and what won't, by intuit

testless cycling threads teach others to intuit using objective means vs subjective ones

I unblocked you solely because of the quality of your home reef, it's that good, and because why not see if I get some quality info from you in 2024 there were some things you wrote in other chemistry threads lately I thought were pretty good advice

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back