In need

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting to set up my 120g reef tank. Looking for a skimmer and a return pump capable of pumping 10' up and still provide enough flow. Also looking for a source of rotifiers to start propagation.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the curve 5 on mine but i would probably go with the curve 7 both bubble magus skimmers... and you can use the jebao act 12000 or the deep water aquatics bdlc 10 or 12? or of course the scotch m1 or L1... all of which will have no problem they have like 21' of head pressure...

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting to set up my 120g reef tank. Looking for a skimmer and a return pump capable of pumping 10' up and still provide enough flow. Also looking for a source of rotifiers to start propagation.

If you can't find a source of rotifers locally, you can get everything you need to start a culture of rotifers and phyto from Reed's Mariculture.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to 2nd the deep water aquatics dc line. I'm using dc8 for my kids 125 with 10' head + several feet of horizontal run and i don't even go full blast because it would out pump my overflows. The one on that tanks has been constant running for about 2 years with zero maintenance.

I also use one for a large skimmer on my big tank at about half speed. And a 3rd one i use on my water making station which is hard plumbed to 4 locations now, 1 of which pumps about 8' high followed by 24' across my garage.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a Reef Octopus Water Blaster HY-10000 to move water from a basement sump up one floor to a dual outlet 180g and like this pump. I used it externally plumbed and had it tee'd off also, used approx 95 watts.
http://www.coralvue.com/reef-octopus-water-blaster-10000-pump
I had a Jebao 12000 prior and it was less flow, had to be only used submersed and died in less then one year. The Water Blaster was definitely a better pump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back