In the endless hours of learning your system, can you pinpoint what One thing you did Helped?

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After everything or nearly every time i mess with my tank take the time to actually record what i did. Since often times i am doing many different things at once it seems impossible to tell which or a combination of which actions i am taking is leading towards success. Of course ill never stop this habit becuase it can quickly become invaluable. Does anyone else to this or any variation of what i just said?

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to algae yes, full on tactical assault from all fronts. Record nothing take no prisoners pardon no snails act as fast as possible before it spreads. With everything else I think it is important to take it slow and record everything. You never know when you might run into the same problem again and will have to check your notes.

As for noticing things I did right?
UV for sure helped, if for nothing else I'm cleaning the glass way less. Funny thing about the things that work is you can't tell they are working. Who knows how many times uv has saved my butt without me knowing.

A close second would be adding an urchin to my cuc, he puts every snail I have to shame. In fact with him in there I'm now starting to realize my snails don't do much.

There's so many more aha moments , it's great when you do one little thing and see an almost immediate result.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do this but it gets old and I wasn’t really going back to recorded data. Once your tank ages a bit and you dial in husbandry, you get a feel for it. But with that said, I have a 4 month old tank that I’m not too happy with and I probably should have kept track of what I was doing. I have 2 tanks, 2 boys and what feels like 20 wives. I need another me! Where’s my doppelgänger!?

OP
OP
gotmesalty77

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was given an urchin and i cannot believe how much work he puts, Troccais snails to because they can flip themself back over and narrsarius snails because they breed iny my tank and flip sand over like whoa. Hats off to you guys. lol
When it comes to algae yes, full on tactical assault from all fronts. Record nothing take no prisoners pardon no snails act as fast as possible before it spreads. With everything else I think it is important to take it slow and record everything. You never know when you might run into the same problem again and will have to check your notes.

As for noticing things I did right?
UV for sure helped, if for nothing else I'm cleaning the glass way less. Funny thing about the things that work is you can't tell they are working. Who knows how many times uv has saved my butt without me knowing.

A close second would be adding an urchin to my cuc, he puts every snail I have to shame. In fact with him in there I'm now starting to realize my snails don't do much.

There's so many more aha moments , it's great when you do one little thing and see an almost immediate result.
So i was given an urchin and i cannot believe how much work he puts, Troccais snails to because they can flip themself back over and narrsarius snails because they breed iny my tank and flip sand over like whoa. Hats off to you guys. lol there are a million litte things its incsane!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back