In-watwr calcium reactor?

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I'm looking to make the switch to a calcium reactor. I see aquavitro used to have a "in sump" calcium reactor but it seems they don't make them anymore. In my research I'm having trouble finding a calcium reactor that can go inside he sump/water. I have done every measurement known to man and there is no way I'm fitting 1 in any other space. I barely have 6" wide outside the cabinet to work with. So it needs to be able to go inside the sump. Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, any of them can sit in a sump. Most of the pumps are submersible if you wanted to.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, there are some that have external pumps, but not the size that you are looking at.

I have Korallin reactors and they use submersible Eheim pumps, but they are on top anyway.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, any of them can sit in a sump. Most of the pumps are submersible if you wanted to.
From what I am being informed octopus and others arnt supposed to be submerged but maybe I'm wrong?

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, there are some that have external pumps, but not the size that you are looking at.

I have Korallin reactors and they use submersible Eheim pumps, but they are on top anyway.
Right I just can't figure out which ones can

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure that varios pumps can be submerged. That said, there are better CaRx out there. They need to stand up and not lay down, but nearly all of them without Iwaki, PanWorld or BlueLine pumps should be Ok to go into a sump.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Korallin has the pump on top. So does AquaMaxx. I don't even know if they make Korallin anymore.

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure that varios pumps can be submerged. That said, there are better CaRx out there. They need to stand up and not lay down, but nearly all of them without Iwaki, PanWorld or BlueLine pumps should be Ok to go into a sump.
Well what iv been told is alot of the pumps like reef octopus can't go in sump as there not submerssible:/

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Korallin has the pump on top. So does AquaMaxx. I don't even know if they make Korallin anymore.
I was looking at that and considering it so I guess I would just do height measurements

OP
OP
Tigerito

Tigerito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still hunting for a solution to this. Seems aquamarine is a option because the pump sits on top So only the body/chamber would go into the water. Any help or product recommendations is greatly appreciated !

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In water calcium reactor = 6 in of florida crushed coral (geo marine formula) directly on the bottom of your tank...
it will not only denitrify-but break down at night and dissolve trace elements back into the water column.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back